• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fav Poets

Wabbit

I wonder who your fav poets are? I know Ashlea already said but maybe she will be kind enough as to repeat it here!!! :)

My fav poets are: Percy Bysshe Shelley, W.H Auden, Dylan Thomas, Shakespear, Byron, Pablo Neruda and Yeats.

What about yours? :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

Shakespeare, Pablo Neruda, Ogden Nash, Alfred Noyes, William Blake and Edgar Allan Poe.

And, of course, Roy Croft, for his love poem.
:D

Yeah, Poe is great :)

I don't know the last one that you listed. I will do a bit of searcing. Hmmm, I have a feeling this thread will get me into some great new poets! :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Walt Whitman, Wallace Stevens, William Carlos Williams, Elizabeth Bishop, Randall Jarrell, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Robert Lowell, Donald Justice, Allen Ginsberg, James Wright, Gary Snyder, Robert Hass, Sharon Olds, Joy Harjo, Billy Collins, Wabbit and Third Man Girl.

:)

Poets I listed in the other thread:

Millay, Seamus Heaney, Keats, Gerard Manley Hopkins, John Donne, both Brownings, Tennyson.

Forgot Yeats. And Christina Rosetti.

My favorist poets are: (in no particular order)

W.H. Auden, John Donne, Emily Dickinson, Pablo Neruda, William Wordsworth, William Blake, Rabindranath Tagore, William Shakespeare.

And from my own neck-of-the-woods: Dan Turell, Johannes V. Jensen, Morten Nielsen, Michael Strunge, Henrik Nordbrandt, Tove Ditlevsen, Tom Kristensen.

Hobitten :)

I just discovered A. A. Milne's poetry. I always just thought he was the Winnie the Pooh guy, but he has some amazingly good poetry out there, as well. I've been reading his When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six to my son, and he loves them, far more than Dr. Seuss. They are geared towards kids, mind, so you can't really compare them with Poe or the other, darker, more mature poets.

My other favorites include Poe, Walt Whitman, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and World War I poet Wilfred Owen. I've never liked Shakespeare's poems; they just didn't do anything for me, I'm afraid.

javelin98 said:
I just discovered A. A. Milne's poetry. I always just thought he was the Winnie the Pooh guy, but he has some amazingly good poetry out there, as well. I've been reading his When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six to my son, and he loves them, far more than Dr. Seuss.

I had those when I was a kiddie. Don't have them anymore. :( I loved them. I found my old copy of The House on Pooh Corner the other day. Much rejoicing and grinning of grins. :D

I'd have to say Billy Collins, E.E. Cummings, Shakespeare, Walt Whitman, and W.B. Yeats. They are all wonderful!

Okudzawa, Frost, Tuwim, Herbert, Milosz, Galczynski, Yeats, Blake, Tennyson, Tagore

Charles Bukowski, Poe, T.S. Eliot; prob'ly some others I can't think of . . . oooh, Townes Van Zandt.

I have ever loved poems by those poets such as, Shakespear, WordsWorth longfellow,Jeats, William Blake, Tennyson, T. S. Elliot, and Robert Burns, especially when was in university.

The other day, I was always thinking about a poem, which seemed written by Robert Burns. It was about he was leaving somewhere to somewhere, thus in the poem, he described the river, the montain,etc., i just could not get the title of it. so frustrating, because i really liked it.

BTW, I really glad to know that there are many of you who like poems. and yes, some of the poets that you guys mentioned, sounds unfamilar to me.

I cant believe that nobody has mentioned the genius that is John Cooper Clarke AKA the bard of Salford, Kung Fu International and Twat are my favourites.

Back