• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Comic Book Character

My favourite comic book characters were Jimmy 'The Cleaver Smith', and Uncle Pig. But they don't make Oink! anymore, so I am sadly bereft.

Maybe it's not the medium you don't like, maybe you just haven't found a comic you like yet? Until a couple of years ago, comics didn't really appeal to me either (I never read comic books as a kid, I stuck to novels), but someone showed me a comic I actually liked one day, and now I'm a convert. There's still a lot of comics that don't do anything for me, but there are quite a few gems to be found.

when I was a kid I read a lot of top dog comics. everyone did. it was the end of all lame, but back then you didn't want to wind up on some fucking d.a.r.e poster, either.

I've never been a big fan of the "super" characters who are indestructable, I prefer the more human ones. Batman, Spidey, Wolverine, and Cyclops are some of my favorites.

non-2000ad characters need not apply

ABC warriors - difficult to pick one though
Judge Dredd
Rogue Trooper

ksky

gterh

For one thing, all superheroes are invincible, not just superman... it's just less obvious(have they ever killed a superhero... okay, they have, but not the major ones)
anyways, here's the list:
1. Obregon Kaine: not really a superhero, but he's cool
2. Ultimate Spider-Man
3. Gareth: see Obregon Kaine
4. heck, that's enough

riscen mahster said:
For one thing, all superheroes are invincible, not just superman... it's just less obvious(have they ever killed a superhero... okay, they have, but not the major ones)

Green Lantern is powerless without his ring, plus his ring is powerless against anything yellow. The Flash is vulnerable when he's moving fast. The slightest little obstable can trip him up there. Plus he needs to eat a hefty amount of grub to maintain his energy else he completely flakes out and anybody could beat him up then. They've all got their weaknesses, if they didn't there'd be no point in reading the comics. They don't get killed because if they die then so does the franchise, but that certainly doesn't mean they can't die. Where's the suspense without a little human frailty here and there? Why would anyone care what happened if they were completely untouchable?

When it comes to Marvel characters, they're the most vulnerable little bleeders of them all. You just need to get them engaged in a conversation about feelings and they go all weak at the knees.

Though, I do prefer the more human characters. Batman being the best. He's so not a hero. It's really just coincidence that he enjoys beating up bad guys. If the police weren't so overrun in Gotham he'd have been locked away years ago.

the punisher is the most human. I mean, he comes back from vietnam to find his entire family massacred ... c'mon, how could you not pump motherfuckers full of lead after that?

1. Emma Frost
2. Magik
3. Jubilee
4. Dazzler
5. Rogue
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Elektra

I would say Emma Frost. She is proof that women can survive on their own and become young, sucessful millionaires without the help of a man...she can ALSO lead the Hellfire Club. She scares men, she has a sarcastic sense of humor,...she's sexy. What more is there to say about her? She started out as a bad-chick member of the Hellfire club and went to a loving and…well ALMOST trusted so/so member of the X-Men. It’s about time that one of the world’s greatest telepaths becomes one of the X-Men. Oh wait, that already happened….about five times already. Anyway, she is an awesome character in oh-so-many ways.
She’s a baddie turned good [that is always appreciated, no matter how many times it happens] She’s a powerful female character, yet sometimes she’s another word for ‘female dog’…but everyone’s got a little bit of that in them.So, I’ll let that slide. She scares men [sorry, guys] She has that I’m-so-unstoppable attitude which can be pretty annoying when coming from Jubilee. But when it’s the hottie Ms. Frost, who really IS oh-so-unstoppable well that’s great. She taught Generation X. That means she cares about children. *flashes back to Emma screaming profanities at Angelo for making fun of her un-teacher-like choice of outfit.* Even Cyclops can’t resists her.

As far as villians go, my favorite character is gambit's e-wife, Bella Donna Boudreaux. This is because she is a powerfull woman, good at getting revenge, and looks good while killing people. ;)

Emma Frost is pretty hot.
emmafrost7.jpg

The Sandman(in order)
1. Delirium
2. Dream
3. Death

X-Men
1. Beast
2. Wolverine
3. Phoenix

I haven't read a comic book in well over a decade, but as a kid I really liked X-Men. Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine were my favorites. I was bummed when Gambit never made it into the movies. I always figured he would be all hot and cajun.

Back