• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Manga of all time

Nana, by Ai Yazawa. By a MILE. I've been reading and re-reading this series for the past 9 years, and it's complex enough that not 2 readings are the same. It's seriously mind-blowing.
Anything else by Ai Yazawa is also pretty good. Gokinjo Monogatari is a cute coming of age story.

Just finished reading Tokyo Ghoul. It. Is. So. Good!

Hi! Im new here, I watched the anime of Tokyo Ghoul and my friend told me to read also the manga, but he said there's a major difference in the story, so were you able to watch the anime also or just manga?

Im planning to read the manga..

What is your favorite genre of manga? I like yaoi and historical. I recently came across an interesting yaoi webtoon named "Dear Benjamin". It is relatively new. The main characters are a wealthy arms dealer named Felix, who is the seme, and an ex marine and florist named Isaac. He is also an omega verse, which I never heard of prior to reading the manga. Anyhow, after a hot tryst, Isaac gets pregnant. The two men meet up 4 years later, Felix meets Benjamin, but does not know that's his son. He also does not remember having a prior fling with the florist, but is attracted to him. The manga is ongoing. Very interesting. I love the artwork in web toons, regardless of genre.

There's not a doubt as to what my favourite manga is; Hayao Miyazaki's Kaze no Tane no Nausicaa. He is an artist par excellence and his stories are always, without fail excellent, but Nausicaa takes it just that bit further. A science-fiction epic, ecological poetry, a pacifist magnum opus, a philosophical study of human mentality and the will to survive, take it as you wish, it's simply sublime.

Films and series-wise, there would obviously be all the Miyazaki greats-Nausicaa, Mononoke and Castle of Cagliostro are, for my part, the best, and Macross Plus, Vision of Escaflowne, Trigun and Tenchi Muyo are also excellent. I've just 'acquired' Haibane Renmei and have heard nothing but good reports about it, so I'll have to see how it goes.
Hayao Miyazaki's work is breathtaking. He was the reason I was so interested in manga at a young age. I hope that his films also get more recognition including his work with Studio Ghibli. The first movie of his I watched was Ponyo and my favorite was either From Up on Poppy Hill or the Wind Rises.

Back