• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

favourite actors/actresses

Franke Potente, Emmanuel Beart, Audrey Tatou, Robert DeNiro, Christina Ricci, Al Pacino, "Beat" Takeshi Kitano.

RaVeN said:
Sorry my friend, Litany's all ready laid claim to anything with batteries or shiney. You're screwed on both ends. but then again, so is she

RaVeN

I'm sorry that last sentence was such small print, I figure I'm a nice guy why not help people out a little bit so they don't have to strain their eyes. But that's just the kinda guy I am. You're welcome all! :)

Favourite Actor is most definitely Clive Owen!!! I just love all that smouldering moodiness. He does it so well, especially in Gosford Park - brilliant film!

Favourite Actress - Julie Walters, shes just so convincing, and shes a lovely person. Though Julia Stiles is a close second.

Hey, I'll answer this one too...

Favorite actor is Jim Caviezel. For the record, though, I've loved him since Frequency...not since he became more well known to everyone in "The Passion." Frequency, Count of Monte Cristo, Angel Eyes, even his small role in Pay it Forward...I've just always been impressed by him for some reason. I also do like Robert Duvall very much. I don't think I've seen a single Robert Duvall film I haven't liked. Secondhand Lions is a favorite that he's in.

Actress? Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon. They're both kind of the girls next door, all-American, etc.

i am loving colin firth lately. and i really haven't seen him in much. but ellie82 said something that made me twig to what it is about him and i love his moodiness. i love nothing better than a man who seems a bit pissed, a bit annoyed at people in general, a bit irritated and then just can be so charming and soft. i don't go for big sweeping gestures. i find that when being sensitive or romantic comes less naturally to a man it is more endearing because they are not faking it. one of my fav movie scenes is in mystery alaska when russell crowe's character has had a fight with his wife and he is stuggling with what to say to her, and he is sitting at the table scratching away at the newspaper with a pen and when he leaves he has written her a poem of sorts, by leaving all the words to describe her exposed.

Actors: Al Pacino, Mel Gibson, Jim Caviezel, Colin Firth, Tobey Maguire
Actresses: Drew Barrymore, Kate Winslet, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman

There are so many great actresses and actors out there it's hard to choose, so I'll choose my favourite british one's. Hugh Grant and Keira Knightly. Also Colin Firth and Kate Winslet. Although I've recently taken a shine to Matthew Mc....... whatever his name is and I"ve liked Josh Hartnet for a while. They are very easy on the eye!
love3.gif
I can't think of any british actors that are good looking though!

I think some of the best actors & actresses are the ones who are so subtle you barely even notice them.

One of my current favs is Vincent D'Onofrio who I think is an excellent character actor, also there's Kevin Spacey, who always puts in a quality performance, Brad Pitt & Johnny Depp have both totally blown me away in certain films by their versatility (as well as looking pretty damn fine) plus, mainly to fly the english flag, Ray Winstone & Gary Oldman.

Actress wise I find it a bit trickier, I think Cameron Diaz has to be quite high up there (esp in "Being John Malcovitch"), Kathy Burke and Nicole Kidman. (Am struggling to think of consitently good actresses to be honest)

bebe said:
here is my favourite actor: JUDE LAW *drools, has seizure* (attractive, I know)

same as me!! I lub JUDE LAW****he's just so handsome, attractive and charming!! :p

Susan Sarandon and Michael Caine, for their acting talent.

My favorite voice for animated movies is Robin Williams.

Fave actor for me has to be John Cusack, a great talent who really needs some more material like 'Being John Malcovich' and 'Max' to show the world how versatile he can really be!!

Favourite actress would have to be either Cate Balnchett or Dame Judi Dench - cant decide which of the two i like more.

Lisa

I love resurrecting threads.

Another actress I really like, appearance-wise, is Heather Graham. You know, the mom from Gilmore Girls. Now that is a gorgeous woman, and a decent actress to boot. I could look at her for hours.

I'd like to stress that I haven't seen an episode of Gilmore Girls in my life. Ever.

Cheers

Martin said:
Another actress I really like, appearance-wise, is Heather Graham. You know, the mom from Gilmore Girls. Now that is a gorgeous woman, and a decent actress to boot. I could look at her for hours.
Isn't this Heather Graham?
Heather_Graham_BW_Shorts.jpg

I think you mean Lauren Graham; she plays Laura Li (sp?) on Gilmore Girls.... although I too have never seen an episode (blushes).

Well, there's my point out the fucking window, though Heather ain't too shabby either.

You're right, I was talking about Lauren Graham! Gorgeous woman, simply gorgeous.

Cheers

i was going to say that i didn't think heather graham was really your type. but what do i know.

Looking at that picture, I'd have to disagree. That said, I have many, many types.

Give me Lauren any day of the week, though.

Cheers

Back