• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Films about books

Actually, I meant to quote the movie.

Staying on topic, John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness is certainly a movie about a book. Well, at first. Then it becomes a movie set in that book, and then it just gets weirder from there.

I watched The Book of Eli recently. Not bad at all. A post-apocalyptic world in which a book can become the most powerful weapon there is.

In the Mouth of Madness is great.

How would that be different than based on a book? Sorry if I misunderstood that...

Fight Club was a book that was turned into a movie.

The Jane Austen Book Club is a movie about books (and the people that read them).

No problem. It's a cool film though.

I am Jack's medulla oblongata without me Jack could not regulate his heart rate.

Now... what other films which feature books as themes are there out there we could discuss... anyone seen any of the Librarian series of films... whilst not technically about books so much, given the titles I figure that ought to excuse them a feature/mention...

How about The Name of the Rose - murder mystery - books and literature are pretty darn important to the plot!

Up Country - By Nelson Demille

I am aware that Paramount pictures have bought the rights to produce a movie some time back, with Nace Neufeld producing. Yet till today, nothing heard out.

FYI, Up Country is the 2nd book after The General's Daughter, starring John Travolta.

Back