• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Franz Kafka

^I agree,I have The Trial,and veryone stares at it in the bus wondering what the heck I am reading with a cover like that.

^I agree,I have The Trial,and veryone stares at it in the bus wondering what the heck I am reading with a cover like that.

Aww. My book cover is all lame and normal. Oh well, I can't complain. My friend bought it for me... used.

Has anyone seen the episode of Home Movies where Duane asks Brandon to help him film a rock opera about Franz Kafka? Funny stuff.

Kafka's work translated.

This is a cool site,it has some of his work translated in the following languages,his biography ,and so much more.

English
Italian
Spanish
Russian
Greek
Portuguese
Croatian

Kafka

Amerika.

Very obviously an early work - not only is it unfinished (especially noticeable towards the end, where it doesn't so much end as just stop) and not as quintessentially Kafka as his later works, but you really notice him developing the identity of the novel as it goes on. From a simple short story about a hapless immigrant, to an often hilarious litany of shatuponing at the hands of a system of fixed structures (including the German language itself), to a beautifully absurd final chapter that seems like the start of the novel it might have been. My guess is he never finished it because he realised he'd have to go back and re-write the whole thing from the beginning to incorporate the stuff he came up with as he wrote it. What's there is still worth reading, though.

3/5.

Back