• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Friends????

Ell

Admittedly, I haven't been around much lately, but when I signed in today, I got a notification about "friends" I dutifully clicked the link and have now accepted two friends. What does this mean, exactly?

I searched the FAQs and I know what they are ( even how to break a friendship :cool:) -- I just don't know what I'm supposed to do with this information. Have I joined a secret clique or something. :confused:

Why, don't you know.. you've just agreed to be Godmother to your friends' children and/or pets...hold on a sec, while I go befriend you before you run screaming for your very life:p

Cool. I now have three friends! It's progressing a little like high school.

Hi Ell, I hope you come by more often.
There were a few changes made and if someone wants you as a friend I guess it would be a good thing!:)

By the way, Middlesex is a good book.

Three friends and 10 kids, one dog, three adult cats, and two kittens...Don't worry though, one of those 10 kids is married and is now someone else's problem;)

Note: She's really not a problem..

We've had the 'friend' option for a long time, but as near as I can tell, it really hasn't come with extra perks..you just get a little plus sign after a member's username..

Okay. Thanks, you two. I thought maybe I was missing something obvious like being able to sneak in, read your pms and track down where you live. :D

I know this sounds obtuse -- but I still don't "get it"!
You can better manage your privacy. Say you want to switch off PMs but still want to allow certain people to contact you. Turn off your PMs to everyone but friends.

Back