• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gideon Defoe: The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists.

Litany

The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists by Gideon Defoe.

Pirates! Cross dressing! Ham! Yes, this book has it all. Some people have asked the question 'Can a book written with the express purpose of pulling a bird really be regarded as a classic?' This Man-Panzee says 'YES!'

The story follows the adventures of the pirates as they stumble upon a hapless scientist in dire circumstances. Can they help him publish his controversial findings and save the day? Will the terrible secret about whales, guarded so closely by those fiends at the Natural History Museum ever be exposed? Did they pack enough ham for their voyage? And, most importantly, did Defoe ever get that shag?

Is this the best book ever written? Quite possibly.

Last night I dreamt of hams...

Absolutely astounding! 10/10 from me. Critics have accused it of being the perfect holiday read - it's much more than that. Anyone's book shelf is simply incomplete without this gem.

Although I must confess I'm having a few problems with the comprehension exercise at the back :confused:

Some of them were a bit tricky. I think that it might have been more of a cunning personality test. If you sat down and thought out answers then you're obviously a girly swot scientist, but if you said 'Stuff this for a game of soldiers' and went out for ham then you're the bestest pirate that ever there was.

A case of plagiarism on the High Seas? I think my dog wrote that book. I'm going to check his files. The chapter on Ham sounds eerily familiar.

I read this book yeaturday and was laughing the whole time, I thought it was a very quirky and fun story. It was perfect for sitting around a waiting room all afternoon.

There's a second book out too. I haven't read it, and don't know anyone who has, but I would assume that it is fairly similar.

Well you might assume it's similar AND YOU'D BE RIGHT!

HAM!
PIRATES!
WHALES!
HAM!
MORE HAM!
PIRATES!
WAS THAT ANOTHER HAM?

No so much cross dressing or monkeys though, which was a little disappointing.

This is in the bottom of my toy box. Maybe I'll read it tonight in the bath. Pretend I'm in a ship. Oooh and I found a pirate hook under my bed the other day.

That means that zombie pirates are using your bed as a portal to their realm. Or your bed smells like ham.

I think I think about zombies too much lately. I was reading one of those newspaper thingys and I was convinced the headlines said 'Killer Zombies Attack'. When actually it said something like, 'New footballer signed, we are very excited'.

Cylons tried to steal my rabbit last night. At least zombies only want to eat you. I can cope with that. There's no predicting a cylon.

I have this in a double book. Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! and then if you flip it over and upside down Pirates! In an Adventure with Ahab!

I love ham.......

They renamed the whaling one to 'Ahab' in Amerikee, and then there's 'Communists which is the new one.

Back