• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gillian Flynn: Dark Places

Anamnesis

Libby’s family was murdered when she was only seven years old. Her brother was convicted of the murders, but a group dedicated to studying infamous crimes believes otherwise. They offer to pay Libby to reexamine the events of the murder. Agreeing only because she needs the money, Libby soon finds herself obsessed with the case.

This book was creepy and unsettling; between the finely detailed murder descriptions, allegations of child abuse, and Satanism it definitely deserves to be called Dark Places. With a flawed yet intriguing antihero and a conclusion that took me by surprise, Dark Places ended up being one of the best books I’ve read in a while.

Gillian Flynn is an amazing author and her novels are great writing that is full of surprises. If you haven't read Dark Places or her other novel, Sharp Objects, I recommend them highly if you are looking for true thrillers.

^^^

Do you have to read Sharp Objects before you read Dark Places?

I remember seeing this book in the Entertainment Weekly magazine a while back but never really thought much of it because I haven't found a book that EW did a review on that I liked.

Back