• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Girls - Weight Issues

Catalyst said:
Damn! I was trying to find an easy way out lol!
Wankers...lol! Nice. I presume you are talking about the English :D :D

Of course I wouldn't be talking about the Scottish! (friggin' Brits. damn wankers!) :D

You know (wink, wink) I think I did read somewhere that stress can slow the metabolism, and causes your liver to secrete a high calorie oil that causes noticible weight gain in some people! ;)

Catalyst said:
i never drink fizzy juice ever.
:D Never heard it called 'fizzy juice' before. I guess I may say 'a bottle of fizz' though certainly not often :D

Catalyst said:
Lol is it me then. Am i the only one who calls it fizzy juice. Any other Scots out there?
I'm a UK citizen, so I guess this kinda counts. In Australia, if I want some kind of soda/pop I'll say that I want a 'fizzy drink'... so fizzy juice doesn't sound so weird to me. But in general we call all soda/pop drinks 'lemonade', with the exception of Cola I guess. So Fanta/C-Plus type drinks are "orange lemonade" and Lift or Lemon flavours (none in North America really - weirdos) are "lemon lemonade", etc etc.

Then you have your Yanks and Canucks who think lemonade is some kind of drink made from lemon juice and sugar... how weird is that??? ;)

Stewart said:
"Juice" or "ginger".

OK. So, what would you call ginger ale? Is it ginger ale ginger?

How about the difference between orange soda and orange juice? Are they both orange juice?

Kookamoor said:
Then you have your Yanks and Canucks who think lemonade is some kind of drink made from lemon juice and sugar... how weird is that???

I know, damn those North Americans for actually making sense! :D

mehastings said:
OK. So, what would you call ginger ale? Is it ginger ale ginger?

Ginger beer.

How about the difference between orange soda and orange juice?

Orange juice for the fresh stuff from oranges; brand name for the others: Fanta, Orangina, Sunkist, etc.

Can stress make you put on weight but not by eating too much

Has stress been interfering with your sleep schedule, I've read that sleep deprivation can lead to weight gain as well, I don't remember the details on why it did this. I think I have the article somewhere in my office still but can't find it, I'll keep looking.

Why do they sell Ginger Ale as a drink mixer, what do you mix it with?

leckert said:
You know (wink, wink) I think I did read somewhere that stress can slow the metabolism, and causes your liver to secrete a high calorie oil that causes noticible weight gain in some people! ;)

Stress can also do the opposite, at least for me.

well lets see at 21 I was pregnant with my second child so I put on alot of weight. I did notice though that it was harder to lose the weight with him then with my first. Now at 31, and after having 3 babies, I struggle with my weight also. Now that I have been diagnosed with this stupid bladder disease and put on all kinds of meds, I am having an even harder time, especially since exersize is hard. You'd think since I can't have chocolate or anything with preservatives in it(which eliminates 90% of all foods in the grocery store :( ) it would be easier.

dolphinfire30 said:
well lets see at 21 I was pregnant with my second child so I put on alot of weight. I did notice though that it was harder to lose the weight with him then with my first. Now at 31, and after having 3 babies, I struggle with my weight also. Now that I have been diagnosed with this stupid bladder disease and put on all kinds of meds, I am having an even harder time, especially since exersize is hard. You'd think since I can't have chocolate or anything with preservatives in it(which eliminates 90% of all foods in the grocery store :( ) it would be easier.

That must be very difficult. :(

I drink ginger ale as ginger ale but im just wierd. I also call orange soda fizzy orange. Ginger ale and Ginger Beer are different drinks arnt they. Ginger ale is the mixer and ginger beer is the drink.
I havnt been sleeping lately...i think that you burn fat in your sleep or something. Oooh now i wont be able to sleep for thinking that i have to sleep to burn fat lol!

Back