• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

God I love discussing books

Godzilla

Hi, I'm new and I'm here because I really like discussing books (as you can probably infer from the title) and I just can't get enough in real life. Discussions in LA class are usually horrid and the book club my friend and I started has somehow just turned into me and her reading the same books again. So I decided I can talk about books here!
My favorite authors are Neal Stephenson, Ayn Rand, Nikola Barker, Kurt Vonnegut, Anthony Burgess, Vladimir Nabokov, and Chuck Palantik.
I have too many favorite books.
I'm currently reading Cryptonomicon, This is your Brain on Music, In Cold Blood, Voices from the Street, Naked Empire (though I might quit soon), and Soul Forge.
I just finished Flow my Tears the Policeman Said by Phillip k. Dick and am about to start The Sound and the Fury by Falkner.

Oh I forgot, I'm also reading The Marble Fawn by Nathaniel Hawthorne and an art history book. I have an "all at once" sort of reading style. I get bored with just one book lol.

Hello! I'm also a new member and I couldn't help but notice that one of your favorite authors wrote my absolute favorite book, A Clockwork Orange. Anyway, I couldn't imagine reading so many books at once. Even though I absolutely LOVE reading, I'm probably one of the slowest readers ever! Seriously, reading a book takes me forever, even though I love every minute of it. ^_^ When I was in middle school I had to take these reading stimulus tests that were targeted toward 4th graders because I read slower than everyone else in the class. Oh, well... ^_^ I still read pretty slow, but it gives me more time with the book, i guess...

Hello! I'm also a new member and I couldn't help but notice that one of your favorite authors wrote my absolute favorite book, A Clockwork Orange. Anyway, I couldn't imagine reading so many books at once. Even though I absolutely LOVE reading, I'm probably one of the slowest readers ever! Seriously, reading a book takes me forever, even though I love every minute of it. ^_^ When I was in middle school I had to take these reading stimulus tests that were targeted toward 4th graders because I read slower than everyone else in the class. Oh, well... ^_^ I still read pretty slow, but it gives me more time with the book, i guess...

Who cares how fast, so long you're enjoying the book.

Hello and welcome.I noticed! O_O
Of that current batch you are reading, which do you most like?
lol, I think Cryptonomicon but it's taken me forever to read, I'm like 450 pages in and have been reading it for over 2 years. -_- It's a really dense book, but it's also really good

Do you speed read?

Welcome to the forum.:)

Yeah Clockwork Orange is most of the reason I love him ^_^ but he's written some other really good books too. But to answer your question(s) I actually read pretty slow... or I guess average. I feel like if I read too fast I don't remember things as well and I don't enjoy it as much. I think it's more like... well you know how some people have music ADD and can't listen to one song for too long? I have book ADD. But I think it's fine to read slow, it gives you more time to savor the books!

Back