• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greenday

i loved green day since like 5th grade (8 yrs ago) everyone at school thought i was crazy. insomniac was just awesome, nimrod was good too and their first album is what got me into them in the first place.

no one else i knew liked them, everyone was into hip hop and the spice girls and all that boy band crap that was so popular. now, i go to a green day concert and i see the same people that used to like boy bands!!!! grrrr!!

i also cant stand the fact that green day is doing that whole black clothes with the eyeliner image thing!!!! come the f**k on!!!!! they never had like a iron clad image and now thats all they wear....they arent the same.....just not the same. they sold out....twice!!:(

and i dont get the whole "political" thing. has any reviewer actually listened to the album? can someone point out where in fact they "bash bush"? american idiot and holiday are pretty much the only political songs! WTF!!!

According to a commercial promoting Green Day's live album/DVD, Entertainment Weekly called them "the saviours of punk rock". If that's the case, then the punk rock genre is officially dead :D.

CDA said:
Instructions for listening to the latest Greenday cd:

1.Place cd in player.

2.Remove brain.

3.Press play.

4.Enjoy.

This bunch would be soooo much better if they'd quit all the political posturing and just stick to the tunes - it makes them look like a gang of 15 year-olds who've just 'found' politics.

Agree so much. They need to be slapped till they start rockin' again.

I wouldn't say that I'm a Green Day fan, but I have four of their songs (Boulevard of Broken Dreams, American Idiot, Holiday, and Jesus of Suburbia) in my music library, and I like all of them.

I have their latest CD, but I only like about half of the songs on there including Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, Jesus of Suburbia, Homecoming, and St. Jimmy.

If you like they're newer stuff then definetly go for thier older stuff. Thats where the golds at. Personally Dookie alone is enough reason to like Green Day, nevermind classics like Nimrod & Insomniac. YES they are being abused by the radio, and YES they've now attracted the mindless MTV loving teeny-boppers but thats not a good enough reason to disregard them as rubbish in my oppinion. American Idiot is a good album and they shouldnt be crucified because of its overplaying. Green Day dont claim to be punk saviours nor do they claim to be totally original.

Although they need to lose the make-up.

I know their older songs are better. My friends think that this is their best album ever and almost worship them.:confused: All the girls I know obsess over how hott the lead singer is. Personally, he looks like a depressed adult who forgot that he isn't a depressed teenager anymore. lol

Anamnesis said:
"the saviours of punk rock". If that's the case, then the punk rock genre is officially dead :D.

Punk can't be dead. Otherwise I'll be like my old folks, listening to music that isn't even made anymore.:p Punk is only dead if everyone starts listening only to Green Day. I don't, so it won't die soon.:)

I like Green Day. I'd have to say that I've heard "American Idiot" so many times, and I'm just sick of it. I like going outside of the famous songs, and digging deeper into the other songs that haven't been made on the radio. For instance, the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends." I think it's a pretty cool song. What do you guys think of that song?

Listen to Wake Me Up When September Ends (Album Version) by Green Day : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/16201011

Back