• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Grrrrrr (Coffee related content ITT)

Excellent to know that SE Louisiana has not yet been infected by this insidious disease.

Here in Bestus Carolina you have to make it a point to say UNSWEETENED tea, sometimes twice, to avoid the tea colored syrup being delivered to your table.

I remember when living in Texas several years ago, how close to tears I came on being given my first 'tea' with 'two sugars'. Oh, the suffering. Oh, the inhumanity.

Excellent to know that SE Louisiana has not yet been infected by this insidious disease.

Here in Bestus Carolina you have to make it a point to say UNSWEETENED tea, sometimes twice, to avoid the tea colored syrup being delivered to your table.

What kind of proper Southern Gentleman are you?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one

Everytime I go into a Starbucks I have to stand in line behind four or five people ordering the latest suga-mocha-loca-with-double-soy...then I order my black coffee and people look at me like I'm the one making a weird request!

Why do you order black coffee at Starbucks? Does your town not have a proper coffee shop or Dunkin Donuts?

Annoying people hogging seats in coffee shop

Sparkchaser,

It's b/c I'm one of those annoying people who orders a single cup of coffee and then stays for 5 hrs working on paperwork/writing. It's something that I learned in medical school...medical students are the one who started this trend, btw, all others are just copycats. :cool:

Leonardo Noto

Everytime I go into a Starbucks I have to stand in line behind four or five people ordering the latest suga-mocha-loca-with-double-soy...then I order my black coffee and people look at me like I'm the one making a weird request!

LOL I'm afraid I'm one of those ordering white chocolate mocha latte.... :whistling: But please! No soy! /shiver/

There are only a few places that make coffee we like. Coffee and chicory that is. :cool: Starbucks ain't one of 'em.

I like Starbucks' hot chocolate, I usually get a medium or large mug and then sit in a corner reading a book. Sometimes I need people noises around me to be able to keep on reading.

Polly, have you seen the Hot Chocolate ice cream in the grocery? Yes, it does taste like Hot Chocolate. /happy sigh/

Not sure, it isn't terribly common here. I chanced upon it in one of those teeny local groceries quite by accident. Well, not teeny, but small at any rate.

Hmm, I'll pop into the store across from my flat. Or one of the other one billion Starbucks Cafe's in Glasgow.

Picked At The Peaks Of Flavor » Funny & Stupid Customer Stories – Not Always Right

(I work as a server at a vegan cafe when a girl in her twenties walks in.)

Me: “Hello, what can I get for you?”

Customer: “Hi, I’ll have a coffee to start. One sugar, two cream.”

Me: “Sorry, we actually don’t have cream, but we use soy milk.”

Customer: “Uh, what? Soy milk? Like beans? You put beans in your coffee? That’s gross. Who would put beans in their coffee?”

Me: “Actually, it’s pretty good, and coffee is actually made of coffee beans, right?”

Customer: “Haha, could you imagine that? That would be soooo gross!”

Me: “Well, you could think of coffee beans like seeds, too. But anyway, is soy milk okay in your coffee?”

Customer: “Seeds?! Haha, imagine that! No, it’s just rich dirt.”

Me: “Uh, what’s ‘rich dirt’?’

Customer: “Coffee, duh! You know…the brown powder that they dig from mountains!”

So now you know.

Back