• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Grrrrrr (Coffee related content ITT)

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Don't you hate it when your order gets mixed up?

When I ordered my morning coffee, I thought it felt a bit light. It wasn't until I arrived at my desk that I realized that the blond bombshell barista was a bit overzealous with the foam today.
grrr.jpg

I often drink coffee in morning with an American guy who drinks latte. he does not speak Thai, and every day tries to make the girl understand he does not like too much foam. He tries all kinds of hand signals and gestures but no good,he still gets half glass of foam. I thought this pretty funny but I decided to help the guy out and explained to girl he does not like foam and she fixed it and it was okay. Today he went there himself and there was a different girl, so back with the foam. Most people from US would not like cofee deal here. Comes in little tiny cups, like espresso. I myself love what is called kafae boran, which means ancient style coffee. They pour grounds into cloth bag, or some times they use a sock. Hopefully it is a clean sock. Then pour hot water through and it drips into glass. First put in sweetened condensed milk, then coffee, then more milk. it is very strong and sweet but I love it. Always served in clear water glass, not cup.

Haha. I looked at the TH website and found out they have stores in New York and PA but not NJ. New Jersey needs to get with the program.

Haha. I looked at the TH website and found out they have stores in New York and PA but not NJ. New Jersey needs to get with the program.

They are slowly sprouting everywhere,I looked into the franchise,about a million I think.:whistling:

One opened a block away Anamnesis,I try very hard not to,cause having one capuccino means no diner,LOL

Libra, if you ever find yourself near a Juan Valdéz Café coffee shop you have to try one of their Nevados, it's basically a café glacé with your choice of Arequipe (Colombian dulce de leche) or Brownie. IN your coffee :D It's to die for! Though it's usually no dinner and no breakfast after one of those, it's totallly worth it! I think they also have a coffee-free version with fruit or something, not sure 'cause why bother going to Juan Valdéz if you don't want real coffee?

Here's a pic of a Nevado de Arequipe (and now of course I want one, but without all that Chantilly on top, I hate Chantilly).

aginson.smugmug.com_photos_572619618_3Vksj_M.jpg

We have Tim Hortons here in Ohio, and they are good, but I'm cheap. I get my coffee at McDonalds. It's really very good actually.

aimg685.imageshack.us_img685_5935_mccafe.jpg

Libra, if you ever find yourself near a Juan Valdéz Café coffee shop you have to try one of their Nevados, it's basically a café glacé with your choice of Arequipe (Colombian dulce de leche) or Brownie. IN your coffee :D It's to die for! Though it's usually no dinner and no breakfast after one of those, it's totallly worth it! I think they also have a coffee-free version with fruit or something, not sure 'cause why bother going to Juan Valdéz if you don't want real coffee?

Here's a pic of a Nevado de Arequipe (and now of course I want one, but without all that Chantilly on top, I hate Chantilly).

aginson.smugmug.com_photos_572619618_3Vksj_M.jpg

Damn right it's worth it,LOL

I'm so jealous right now. Where I live there's nothing like it...

When I get home I'll prepare a latte with a nespresso capsule and my milk-foam-thingy I got at Ikea.

There are coffee places everywhere in Chiang Mai, partly because the hilltribes grow coffee here. They even export hilltribe coffee on internet. However Thai people prefer Nescafe instant coffee. Generally they buy it in litle packs that have coffee, sugar and creamer all together. I went to Starbucks last week which I never do since it is too expensive but my friend likes it so I went. The girl says do you want vente or grande or something. I said just give me large and she said you mean grande or whatever and I said no I mean large. Here I had to learn to order coffee in Thai as well as English. Now for some reason in Thailand they want me to do it in Italian. I am never going back there again.

Back