• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Guess The Author (Images)

It is Patricia Highsmith, who wrote Strangers on a Train. I honestly would not have gotten it without the clue though. A friend told me this movie was being re-done, so the book is on my "On Order from Library" list.

authorphoto.jpg

Well done mehastings. Highsmith is well worth a read, though Strangers on a Train is one of the few I haven't read yet.

Thanks. No guesses on my fellow here? He is very well known, at least in this country, and a number of his books have been discussed here on the forum...

mehastings said:
Thanks. No guesses on my fellow here? He is very well known, at least in this country, and a number of his books have been discussed here on the forum...

I've no idea but he sorta looks like a cross between Patrick Stewart and Brian Jaques..sorta, if I squint..Its not Clive Cussler?

abecedarian said:
I've no idea but he sorta looks like a cross between Patrick Stewart and Brian Jaques..sorta, if I squint..Its not Clive Cussler?

Heh. Nope. I'll pop by later tonight and if nobody's gotten it I'll offer up a clue like Shade did.

Nope, it isn't any of those guys. Here is yur clue.

This author lives a few towns over from me. He and his wife have started a museum locally that I own a family pass to. Just in case you are thinking this is some local hack I've chosen to stump you, his books have sold more than 71 million copies worldwide.

It is Eric Carle, author/illustrator of The Very Hungry Caterpillar among other things. In 2002 he opened The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst MA.

Remember, nobody said it had to be an author who writes for adults! :D

My replacement author is so easy it hurts me to even post her pic....

authorpic2.jpg

Back