• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Halo's Resignation

direstraits said:
All it takes if for you to know the secret codeword, ABC. A couple of letters is all you need...

I share your views on the matured debate, but I have to admit I seem to miss all of the firefights and flamewars. :) I suppose we need to remember to try not to take these things personally - hard to do sometimes, I've done it myself too. But hey. Nothing a good skypecast chitchat wouldn't solve. :)

ds

Secret Code? You mean If I had a handy dandy decoder ring, I could figure out what your topic is? Where's the Ovaltine???

Shade said:
I PMed all the mods and Darren a few weeks back about a little exposure I managed to get for Book and Reader in the national press and Halo and mehastings were the only ones who acknowledged it. I don't know where Wabbit, Ice and Darren are.
I have been around the entire time, apart from this weekend as I was away on holiday ;) I come on here every day, so if anyone has a problem please feel free to PM me and i'll sort it as soon as I can. Not sure why you didn't get my reply to that PM you sent :confused:

abecedarian said:
But we still don't have our "Mature" thread..does this mean we just carry on and talk about what we want, but swear to be civil, no matter what? I'm in..
Sorry - Darren is the only one who can sort this out, so unfortunately we all have to be patient and wait :)

back on topic. I was sorry to see Halo leave. I hope Darren is careful in naming a replacement, if he names one. One individual, in the past, has openly asked people to email Darren requesting him/her to be appointed as a moderator. :rolleyes:

muggle said:
One individual, in the past, has openly asked people to email Darren requesting him/her to be appointed as a moderator. :rolleyes:

In the interests of better housekeeping, as I recall.

Halo, I hope we see you around from time to time :)

I don't have any specific members in mind for mods but it would be nice to have someone that is very active, especially in the book threads. Someone that has time to clean up threads and also open up more discussion.

Ronny said:
I don't have any specific members in mind for mods but it would be nice to have someone that is very active, especially in the book threads. Someone that has time to clean up threads and also open up more discussion.
Yes, like er, Stewart! :)

IMO, some good choices would be ......Dogmatix, SFG, StillILearn, Peder, sofia, and some others that I have not listed. To be avoided are those that would cost the forum many of its current members.

Well if we're casting opinions, then in all seriousness, I think Stewart would be a good choice for moderator too. There has always been much weeping and wailing here over the lack of book discussion, and I think a moderator with an active and wide interest in books - the core subject of the board - could only be beneficial. With genuine respect to our current moderators, whose roles I do not envy, few of them are as active in book discussion as Stewart is.

muggle: another thing we've learned here in recent times is that you can't please all of the people. Some will choose to leave for whatever reasons whatever happens.

Shade said:
Well if we're casting opinions, then in all seriousness, I think Stewart would be a good choice for moderator too. There has always been much weeping and wailing here over the lack of book discussion, and I think a moderator with an active and wide interest in books - the core subject of the board - could only be beneficial. With genuine respect to our current moderators, whose roles I do not envy, few of them are as active in book discussion as Stewart is.

muggle: another thing we've learned here in recent times is that you can't please all of the people. Some will choose to leave for whatever reasons whatever happens.

Well said Shade. You wouldn't happen to be a diplomat in real life, would you?

And a lot of time on his hands, which is even gooder.

As an aside, or perhaps to return to the main topic, am I the only one who, every time I see the title of this thread, starts singing "No More Heroes" by the Strangers?

Whatever happened to the Halo?
No more Halo anymore
No more Halo anymore... etc

Back