• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy Halloween

Wabbit

f43g9z.gif

Happy and spooktastic halloween to everybody on TBF :)

Woooooooooooooo! :D <--my ghost impression

Here are some halloween links. All of them are about zombies. Got a problem with that? If you have, I will eat your brain.

Brains4Zombies ( like Amazon but for zombies buying braaaaaaains )

Zombie infestation ( Life, or should that be death? ) simulation of a zombie infestation. )

Urban Dead ( A Massively Multi-Player Web-Based Zombie Apocalypse game! )

f43g9z.gif

So are any other hippies going to a Samhuinn festival near them? Its held on the 31st October and celebrates the changing over from summer to winter, via autumn :D
My pals are all in it and need to wear the skimpiest outfits in the coldness of Edinburgh! Hah!
Its not really a known thing though. Samhuinn i mean.

Catalyst said:
So are any other hippies going to a Samhuinn festival near them? Its held on the 31st October and celebrates the changing over from summer to winter, via autumn :D
My pals are all in it and need to wear the skimpiest outfits in the coldness of Edinburgh! Hah!
Its not really a known thing though. Samhuinn i mean.

Sure it is. I've been to Samhein celebrations here in America. It obviously isn't as common as other religious celebrations, but it isn't too hard to find a group that celebrates, at least not around here. I haven't had the skimpy clothing in cold weather experience though. Those who go to the celebrations often take it pretty serious (as it is their religion) and tend to wear more appropriate clothing for the climate.

RobertFKennedy said:
I personally dont hold with these pagan festivals.
The only worse one I can think if comes 6 days later.:)

ummm....what comes 6 days later? November 6th?

Motokid said:
What's November 5th?
It's known as Guy Faulkes Night in the UK. It's basically an anti-catholic festival in which people in the UK have fireworks and bonfires to celebrate a man being executed on a bonfire a few hundred years ago. He tried to blow up the houses of parliament because catholicism was outlawed and catholics were being ethnically cleansed in the UK.

In some parts of England and Northern Ireland they still substitute the dummy of Guy Faulkes for an effigy of the Pope.

but it's all just a laugh for the kids dontchaknow? :)

Ah...that explains it...it's a UK thing....

...although I'd love to see an anti-catholic "holiday" in USA....sounds like a real giggle....:D :D :D

Motokid said:
Ah...that explains it...it's a UK thing....

...although I'd love to see an anti-catholic "holiday" in USA....sounds like a real giggle....:D :D :D
Perhaps you could have a festival in celebration of the assassination of Malcom X or someone, it amounts to the same thing.

Motokid said:
...although I'd love to see an anti-catholic "holiday" in USA....sounds like a real giggle....

It's not anti-catholic. The word you are looking for is Catholic; lowercase 'c' implies universal.

While it's roots may have come from such sentiment; it's rarely a concern in this day and age. Still, all those bloody fireworks; I hate it.

Stewart said:
It's not anti-catholic. The word you are looking for is Catholic; lowercase 'c' implies universal.

While it's roots may have come from such sentiment; it's rarely a concern in this day and age. Still, all those bloody fireworks; I hate it.
Slightly pedantic but quite correct.

Interesting to note that you consider yourself to be anti-Catholic though Stewart.

I hate the fireworks as well. Neds seem to start letting them off earlier and earlier, leading up to an ear splitting crescendo on the 5th.

RobertFKennedy said:
Interesting to note that you consider yourself to be anti-Catholic though Stewart.

Where did I say that?

I hate the fireworks as well. Neds seem to start letting them off earlier and earlier, leading up to an ear splitting crescendo on the 5th.

It's the letting them off during the day when they can't even sparkle in the sky. And I saw the first Christmas decorations up last week. :eek:

Back