• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy Halloween

Stewart said:
Where did I say that?

It's the letting them off during the day when they can't even sparkle in the sky. And I saw the first Christmas decorations up last week. :eek:
;) I thought you were implying it so I thought I'd give you your bite.

Fraser's in Buchanan Street had a big christmas tree in it last week.

By "rarely a concern these days" I'm simply stating that the history surrounding the event isn't acknowledged by most anymore. My neighbours are more likely to be setting off fireworks and stoking a bonfire than I am; and they're the Catholics. The story of the Gundpowder Plot has, for the most part, lost its meaning.

Stewart said:
By "rarely a concern these days" I'm simply stating that the history surrounding the event isn't acknowledged by most anymore. My neighbours are more likely to be setting off fireworks and stoking a bonfire than I am; and they're the Catholics. The story of the Gundpowder Plot has, for the most part, lost its meaning.
Oh well, that's all right then. Phew! :)

Well Stewart it must be an Edinburgh thing as its spelled Samhuinn on all the posters and everyone else i know spells it that way! Oh and the skimpy outfits were worn by the people actually taking part so they were quite appropriate thank you! They had cloaks to keep them warm before the performance.

We had 12 kids come trick or treating last night. My wife and I alternate answering the door. She took the first "door knocking" :) and it was a group of 10 young kids. I took the second and it was 2 young kids.....and that was all we had for the evening. Most kids don't come to our house as it is down a lonely road surrounded by forest and we are at the very end of the road. I now have lots of snickers to eat.:)

Catalyst said:
Well Stewart it must be an Edinburgh thing as its spelled Samhuinn on all the posters and everyone else i know spells it that way! Oh and the skimpy outfits were worn by the people actually taking part so they were quite appropriate thank you! They had cloaks to keep them warm before the performance.

clickety ---> here

and here too

everybody is correct....

Back