• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Discussion *Spoiler Alert*

Halo

So who do you think is the half-blood prince?

I vaguely remember JK saying it is not Harry or Voldemort. So my guess is that it is Neville - I'm sure he is going to turn out to be very important to things. Or then again, it could be Snape... or Malfoy... or... :D

Halo said:
I vaguely remember JK saying it is not Harry or Voldemort. So my guess is that it is Neville - I'm sure he is going to turn out to be very important to things. Or then again, it could be Snape... or Malfoy... or... :D

i have no clue,but i think all of them will be very important to the story!! and i have another question for you!! do you think harry will survive after the seventh book or do you think JK will kill the main character?? :confused:

Vorian said:
it can't be neville he's a full blood

Bang goes that theory then! :D But I still think Neville is going to be very important in the final books of the story.

Hagrid - that's interesting. Any particular reasons for that, Wolhay?

Could it possibly be the Bloody Baron? Well, there is the adjective "Bloody" before his title...so I guess it should be him. Maybe I'm dead wrong.

Halo said:
Hagrid - that's interesting. Any particular reasons for that, Wolhay?
Since the title is making so many thinking about the magic/muggle combination it would seem likely that Rowling made it for something less "obvious". E.g. racial mix.

Also, wasn't Hagrid's mommy some kind of ruler?

I would presume it would be a totally new character - as was the prisoner from 'Prisoner of Azkaban', and the object in 'Goblet of Fire' and the organisation in 'Order of the Phoenix' - i think JK Rowling likes to throw the characters in a new direction with each of her books, give them a different focus.

Phil

I think that it might be Professor Snape.

another question: What did Snape do to earn Dumbledore's trust?

And yes I do think that Harry survives, I am an optimistic person! and they were originally children's books right?

Who do you think will be killed off in the 6th book?

h_carnahan said:

hmm... i don't know, but i guess it goes in the direction of neville or one of the roommates, maybe one of the girls (sorry i can't remember the name) :cool:

Hey, I'm new here. I think that Ron will die. Here is my theory: Whenever Ron makes a joke it normally ends up actually happenning. In the 5th book Ron said that the Quidditch team had about as much of chance at winning the Cup as his dad did becoming Minister of Magic. Well, they won. But J.K. Rowling has already said that Mr. Weasley will NOT be the new Minister. Why not. Because he will be too distracted with his son's death. J.K. has said that one of Harry's fans will die, I think it will be Ron. Also, in the filming for the 3rd movie the director wanted to put in a graveyard for one of the scenes. J.K. said not to because there was going to be a graveyard in the 6th book. Maybe this is where Ron will be buried.

Well it's just a theory but you never know.

Rowling has given us minimal detail about this new Scottish character (his name eludes me). Many popular theories are pointing toward him, following with the "new" theory at least.

hay82 said:
Dumbledore, he is in the way of a battle between Harry and Voldemort.

I don't want Dumbledore to die...or become the half-blood prince. I don't want Ron to die either.

I don't want Ron to die either. He's one of my favorite charcters.I thought of another theory about the story though, but I doubt this one is true. J.K. has already said that something HUGE will be revealed revealed about Lily Evans and the she was great at charms. She has also said that it is important that Harry has her eyes. I think (well I used to think but then I found a flaw) that Lily might have used a charm to make James love her. By now James doesn't love her anymore, and he doesn't know that he is under Lily's spell or something like that. That's one part of my theory. The other part is a different variation. The huge part revealed in this theory is that James isn't Harry's real father. It is important though that Harry has his mom's eyes, remember. Well, here's the flaw: Harry looks just like his dad so obviously James is his father.

What do you think?

brendan225 said:
Harry looks just like his dad so obviously James is his father.

What do you think?

Interesting theory, but when Harry looked in the Mirror of Erised he saw his whole family, the Potter side included so not only does Harry resemble James, but the Mirrror sortta confirms that they are related.

Maybe when Petunia looks at Harry and sees Lily's eyes she is reminded of Lily. There could be more than just Dumbledore's warning that keep Harry around, guilt trip? Or they anger Petunia and will be the cause for more anger directed at Harry? Just spinning therories here...

well that's a good point with the whole mirror of erised thing. And also I like to here theories and that one's pretty good.

h_carnahan said:
I think that it might be Professor Snape.

another question: What did Snape do to earn Dumbledore's trust?

And yes I do think that Harry survives, I am an optimistic person! and they were originally children's books right?

I believe we'll find out more about why Dumbledore trusts Snape in the next book.

As for the next person killed off, I would be surprised if it wasn't another member of the Order.

Back