• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Discussion *Spoiler Alert*

brendan225 said:
I don't want Ron to die either. He's one of my favorite charcters.I thought of another theory about the story though, but I doubt this one is true. J.K. has already said that something HUGE will be revealed revealed about Lily Evans and the she was great at charms. She has also said that it is important that Harry has her eyes. I think (well I used to think but then I found a flaw) that Lily might have used a charm to make James love her. By now James doesn't love her anymore, and he doesn't know that he is under Lily's spell or something like that. That's one part of my theory. The other part is a different variation. The huge part revealed in this theory is that James isn't Harry's real father. It is important though that Harry has his mom's eyes, remember. Well, here's the flaw: Harry looks just like his dad so obviously James is his father.

What do you think?

It's an interesting theory, but I think Lily and James were in very much in love.

I think it's well established that James and Lily are in fact Harry's parents.

honeydevil said:
i have no clue,but i think all of them will be very important to the story!! and i have another question for you!! do you think harry will survive after the seventh book or do you think JK will kill the main character?? :confused:

hey, im new here and i just read the whole thread and what i wonder was why should harry die? i dont think it would be a good ending for the story to let the main character die because then the whole fight he did for the previous 6 books would have been worthless.
thats what i think...
and i suppose the half-blood prince will be a new charakter. as far as i remember there was a new character in every book and thats an easy way to keep the story interessting.

who's the half blooded prince?? uh.......

i hope it's someone from Harry's house that used to be a minor character, because lots of minor characters are quite interesting, and i'd love to see them developed more.

Blewin said:
who's the half blooded prince??

I can't believe everyone has overlooked the MOST OBVIOUS candidate!!

Dudley Dursley!!

Who was attacked by a dementor in book 5?

What's the hold on Aunt Petunia? Keep Dudley out of Hogwarts, I'll care for Harry.

Thank you very much. Thank very very very very much! Thank you!

What Dudley saw: Uncle Vernon giving Harry keys to a sports car, Aunt Petunia hugging Harry ...

oberon I think that is an excellent theory. I was leaning towards something like that my self but hadn't quite put it together. I think Harry's mom is related to dumbledore, and I think that tom the inkeeper and dumbledore are related as well along with voldermort, hince the astonishing thing to be revealed.

This is the first time I've ever peeked into the HP forum, and already in this first thread I'm looking at there are 2 new members posting their first posts.

Hmm...

I second the opinion that the Half-blood prince will probably be someone new. I don't see how other characters mentioned here are in royalty of any sort. But then again, I can't see much very well... :D

One question though, and this should be very easy to hardcore fans - why is Harry considered Half-blood? His father and mother were both from Hogwarts, so being wizard and witch, isn't their offspring considered full blood?

And why is Voldemort half-blood as well? I can't remember where Voldemort's family is mentioned in the books.

And I will be seriously pissed if Ron or Hermione dies. :D I won't mind if Harry dies at the end, as long as Ron and Hermione are fine.

ds

Harry is a half-blood as his mum was muggle born.

Voldemort is a half-blood as his father was a muggle.

It is mentioned in the books :)

yep it is in book #4. it starts off with the Riddle family history. in case you didn't know, Voldermort is Tom Riddle.

she also says in the books that her set up of how half blood/pure blood lineage is decided is rather like that of the nazi's deciding who was jewish and depending on the extremism of the pure blood, some would consider harry and you know who as pure bloods but most probably would not. However their great grand children, if they have them and supposing their children were magical would be considered pure blood by almost everyone

Ice said:
Harry is a half-blood as his mum was muggle born. Voldemort is a half-blood as his father was a muggle.
Thanks Ice... :D

Voldemort I understand - no problems there. But Harry's Mom, albeit muggle born, is not a muggle anymore, is she?

Unless the logic goes like this:
Hermione is mudblood/no-blood, since neither of her parents are magicians. She marries another wizard, and has a child, whom we'll call Hermes. Hermes would be half-blood, because his mom (Hermione) isn't at least half-blood. Hermes's child will be pureblood, but only if he marries another pureblood or halfblood.

[Collapses in mental exhausion].

Or is it as subjective as RIKKIS said?

ds

direstraits said:
Voldemort I understand - no problems there. But Harry's Mom, albeit muggle born, is not a muggle anymore, is she?

Hermione is mudblood/no-blood, since neither of her parents are magicians. She marries another wizard, and has a child, whom we'll call Hermes. Hermes would be half-blood, because his mom (Hermione) isn't at least half-blood. Hermes's child will be pureblood, but only if he marries another pureblood or halfblood.

ds

I think the pureblood/halfblood thing would depend on who in the magical world you ask. See, as in Ron's family, they are all pureblood except for I think it is Mrs. Weasley's cousin (?) and he is considered pureblood by everyone. But in some cases those to whom it matters (the Malfoys) Hermes might not be considered pureblood and it would have to be Hermes' daughter Tyke's kids who would be pureblood. Although many people would consider Hermes to be pureblood. Oye!

direstraits said:
Thanks Ice... :D

ds

Ok, I did a Google search for you and it brought up the following pages - not sure how reliable they are but apparently it's one of the biggest HP sites around.

Harry Potter: Pureblood, Half-blood or "Mud-blood"?

Blood Status

Hopefully this will explain it clearly. I don't consider someone to be a pureblood unless they have several generations of witches/wizards in their lines. I suppose it's like real-life - if your grandparent is from a certain country, you are eligible to claim that country as your own, like wise - if someone had a muggle in their (fairly close, but direct) family - I would consider them a half-blood. There is no right or wrong answer though - it's all fiction :)

Having just finished another read of OotP, I should point out that Dumbledore does explain the "bloodedness" of Harry and Voldemort pretty succinctly, and the irony of choosing to (attempt) kill Harry versus a trueblood, Neville, born in the same month as mentioned in the prophecy.

I have to confess my theory about Dudley was more than half-joking, Umbrage sent the dementors after Harry, not Duds.

Arrggh, Robert, how could you tempt me like that?! ;) I must be strong, must not click on the link...

Halo said:
Arrggh, Robert, how could you tempt me like that?! ;) I must be strong, must not click on the link...
:p I have no such compunction - not who I would have expected, but I haven't really given any thought to it.

Back