• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Discussion *Spoiler Alert*

Halo said:
I've managed not to click on the link so far! :D

me too! but it is sooo tempting. wouldn't it be funny if it was wrong? after I read the book I think I will come back and click on the link!

Go on - check it out. You know you want too
11.gif

:D

Here I am showing willpower for a change, and you're being a bad influence. Shame on you, Ice! :p

h_carnahan: I'm definitely going to click on the link after I've read the book! :D

:p Well I never believe anything until I see it written by the Author (or the publishers) - so it doesn't spoil it for me ;)

h_carnahan said:
Did you look?

Sure I did. It doesn't bother me because I don't really believe it was leaked, therefore it isn't any different then you or I guessing the identity.

Robert said:
Sure I did. It doesn't bother me because I don't really believe it was leaked, therefore it isn't any different then you or I guessing the identity.

oh but it is different. we are saying we think this because of this. but they are saying it is _______.

h_carnahan said:
oh but it is different. we are saying we think this because of this. but they are saying it is _______.

Until I read the book, then it's little more then rumor.

I read somewhere that rowling did put clues as to who the HBP was in the second book. A lot of forums thought that this could imply hagrid to be the half blood prince because of the whole aragog thing (the spider and his expulsion from hogwarts.) However, i think it more probable to be lucius malfoy who started the entire plot in the book by putting the journal in ginny's caldron and there's still the question as to how he obtained the journal in the first place...Lucius could be half blood because in the 5th book there is a part where they view a family tree in sirius' house 'the house of black' which contains most all the pure bloods left. Narcissa is on there (Lucius' wife) however he's not directly related to anyone on the tree except for the line concecting him and Narcissa because they got married. Hagrid stated in the 2nd book after draco calls hermoinie a 'mugblood' that this was stupid of him because most of the considered 'pure bloods' left are not completely pure blood but have some muggle bornes somewhere in there family. This would make malfoy 2/3 pure blood which is enough to make him consider himself pure blood. If draco’s father is half blood, it would make sense that voldamort would trust him with his journal in the 2nd book because he would be an equal to voldamort who is a half blood himself and perhaps second in line to voldamort. Ive also read rumors that the HBP could be Dumbledore because hes on the cover and the artists who draw the cover usually put the people involved in the title on the cover (the back cover of OotP has moody, tonks and lupin, GoF has the goblet and all the contestants, and sirius is clearly visible on PoAs covers. This i guess is also very plausible. I don't think she would have titled that book after hagrid because it was just rumored that he was the one who opened the chamber while lucius was the one who actually triggered it opening by putting the journal in ginny's caldron... that and his house elf was a large part of the book too and the book ends with harry discovering that lucius really is a voldamort supporter by figuring out that dobby was his elf and that he put the book in ginny's caldron....

Oh yes, I forgot to mention... If you ever check out www.jkrowling.com, she mentions in her FACTS section that she nearly named the second book 'The Half Blood Prince' rather than 'The Chamber of Secrets' but changed it while revising the final draft right before publication....

PS You guys need to chill with the spoiler censors... der

:rolleyes:

up-to-no-good said:
PS You guys need to chill with the spoiler censors... der :rolleyes:

Why? Some people don't want to read spoilers or theories before reading the book - this way they are protected from inadvertently reading something they'd rather not have read.

Back