• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

have you guys read an e-book

I'm surprised you don't have a Nook yet. :whistling:
LOL! I know! A lot of customers ask if I have one... all I think is, "On my lowly bookseller pay?"
I think that if I were still taking undergrad classes and if most of my textbooks were e-books (or pdf files), I would definitely pick up the nook.

I love my Kindle! I got one this Christmas (I married a wonderful man!) and it is wonderful. It is not tough on the eyes at all and is very easy to handle. I also love the fact that the book I want is always in stock. I just have to click a button and I have what I want in less than a minute.

I'm a convert. I got a Kobo-Wifi for my birthday and I love it! I thought I'd only like an ereader for the portability when travelling, but I was wrong. It's very easy on the eyes, good for reading in bed (light-weight, one-hand hold) and I can slide it into any purse for reading anywhere, anytime. :)

I also love the ease of getting library books. At the moment, I have two library books checked out (downloaded) and several on hold. When the books become available, the library sends me an email and I go to their website to download. When I'm finished, one click returns it or I can just let the loan period expire. So easy.

For purchasing books, I think Kobobooks have very good prices. Coupons make it even cheaper. For example, the regular price for Anathem by Neal Stephenson is $9.79 on their site and I got it for $6.36.

I'm not giving up my dead tree books, but my Kobo sure has changed my thinking on ereaders.

When i first had heard about the ebooks i thought i would never read them but when i tried once i understood that it is very usefl and now im reading just ebooks and its great!:innocent:

I think the second best thing about e-Ink is the readability in full sun. It is so much easier on the eyes that paper.

I think the second best thing about e-Ink is the readability in full sun. It is so much easier on the eyes that paper.

This. I was out studying in the garden Sunday morning for an hour or so and got sun blind from the reflection of the light into the bright white paper of the technical text I was reading.

I've read a few books on my kindle, all free ones, but I can't bring myself to pay for kindle books when I can get the same book at the store, in hardcopy, for a comparable price. They would have to make the books cost at least 5 bucks less on kindle than hard copy for me to consider paying for them, and then I would still probably just buy hardcopy. I do like that I can get most of the classics for free though.

There are numerous titles that are significantly cheaper in Kindle format over deadtree format.

There are numerous titles that are significantly cheaper in Kindle format over deadtree format.

This. There are a number of small press titles significantly cheaper in ebook than paper copy version (mostly because of the higher production costs for the smaller presses).

Yes, some titles still are around the same/similar/higher prices, but mostly I think that's stalwart publishing firms still uncertain as to how to cope in 2011 in the world of eBooks. This will change.

yeah, i know there are some that are way cheaper, and some are even free, but there are also books that cost almost the same on kindle. When I am only going to save 3-5 bucks, I'd rather just have the hard copy. That's just me though, I still like my kindle.

I'm loving my kindle. It took me a little bit to get used to reading "on screen." By a little bit I would say a day or two. These are some of the benefits I've noticed.

1. Weight. A kindle is so easy to manipulate compared to a book.

2. Noise. I like to read in bed at night (lights out with just a book light) and my husband just wants to zonk out. With a kindle he doesn't have to listen to the rustling of the plastic cover page, page turning, etc. Nothing to compete with the blissful sounds of the dogs snoring.

3. Font size! OMG. What a nice thing to be able to increase font size, especially reading in the dark w/book light. So much easier on my aging eyes.

4. Techno-phobe friendly. Easy to use for those of us who don't have a degree in technology. If I can use it, anyone can.

I'm reading "In The Shadow of Gotham" with the new Eric Larson already downloaded and ready to go.

E-readers are good.=o)

I've never read an e-book. I like the whole experience of holding the book and turning the pages as well as reading the story. I don't think I'd be able to relax with an electronic reader in the same way as I can with a physical book!

I've never read an e-book. I like the whole experience of holding the book and turning the pages as well as reading the story. I don't think I'd be able to relax with an electronic reader in the same way as I can with a physical book!

I used to say that.

Kindle hurts less than a hardcover when you smack yourself in the head falling asleep. :lol:

have you guys ever read an e-book? cause from what I found, it seems like everyone is reading physical book only

I read ebooks all the time. Just finished reading a great new author - haven't seen him around before (must be his first novel). I stumbled on him over at Amazon. An inspirational fiction novel with a modern twist - Sons In The Clouds.

With how popular the Kindle is, everyone is going the route of ebooks. It's my personal preference these days. I still like printed books but ebooks are definitely less expensive.

I love reading on my nook. I've purchased one printed book since I bought my nook, and that was only because the printed book was a good deal cheaper than the nookbook.

Well, from the other posts, looks like e-books are getting mixed reviews--personally, I like them--to try one for free, go to Baen.com, as they have a small library of free books--note that these are science fiction. I use microsoft reader which is a free download. Also, the gutenburg project is a great source and is free.

Back