• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everyone, why does your forum hate my book collection?

triggrhaapi

The registration system is stupid. It asked me "If you have three books and you give one to your friend, how many books do you have?" I said, "Three. That fucker better give me that book back." It said that was not a valid answer. YOUR FORUM PROMOTES BOOK THEFT!

Now a friend of a friend had borrowed my Bentley manual for my E30. That was 3 years ago. According to your forum registration, I simply have one less book. I disagree. I think that guy has one less finger and doesn't know it yet...

Oh and NOOK FOR LIFE! DOWN WITH THE KINDLES!

There is no specific "guy." It's a general term for someone who puts him/herself into a certain group because of something they like or take part in or do on a regular basis.

Examples:

Eats with his mouth open guy
Grunts in the gym guy
Anti Kindle guy
Fantasy football guy
Has an opinion on everything guy

etc.

This is so-o-o-o-o fascinating.

I can hardly wait for the part about hating his book collection.

Oh snap, son. I almost forgot: Triggr, I just picked up a rooted Nook Color for cheeeeeeeeeeap. Angry Birds on the plane, here I come.

This is so-o-o-o-o fascinating.

I can hardly wait for the part about hating his book collection.

I'm glad I have you riveted. I made sure to bring my rivet gun to work again today. If you have anything you want riveted to something else, I'm free. I already riveted my mousepad to the desk earlier and I have my sights set on riveting the phone to the hook so I don't have to answer it anymore.

I already explained why your forum hates my book collection. It wants me to give them all away to friends and not ever expect them back. Maybe it hates the fact that I own books. I could see that. If I knew me like I do, I wouldn't want me owning books either.

Many thanks, Peder, for the attention whoring posts in my introduction thread saying you're ignoring it. I really appreciate it. It's fascinating to hear that you're ignoring this thread, and even more fascinating that you want to talk about ignoring this thread in this thread. Clearly you are not a fan of things making sense, and I admire that.

I'm a gigantic sci-fi nut. I have read all of the Dune books and love them dearly, all of the Ender's series, including the Shadow books, Ringworld, lots of Piers Anthony including On a Pale Horse and those that followed, Stranger in a Strange Land, I could go on forever.

Now I'm flip flopping back and forth between a new R.A. Salvatore novel (nerd alert), a Halo novel, and Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe. I have been on a "nature of the universe" kick for a few years now. I've already read a few Hawking books, and I have another Brian Greene book loaded up.

Back