• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everyone

Abecedarius

First time posting here. Avid reader. Looking forward to lots of discussion and social exchange. I'm currently reading Pale Fire by Nabokov. I've read a few of his; some I enjoy more than others. My favorite authors include David Mitchell, Jose Saramago (RIP), and John Irving.

Im a single mom and live in Downeast Maine.

Hi Abecedarius,
Welcome to BAR. I think there are still a few of us around who once enjoyed and discussed Nabokov. Yes, some of his are more enjoyable than others, but I have always been impressed with how different each one is. For as many as he wrote, that always strikes me as an accomplishment.
Glad you have posted.
:flowers:

<waves> Welcome!

I've never read Nabakov. I guess I should add something of his to my random reading list.

-David

<waves> Welcome!

I've never read Nabakov. I guess I should add something of his to my random reading list.

-David

Lolita is of course the famous one, and you'll get more out of it if you pick up The Annotated Lolita, instead of a plain unannotated one.

Pnin would be a good alternative, as introduction to Nabokov's style and dry humor.

But any one works, IMO -- some spectacularly, some after you have more of a background in his writing. His mark is always there.

Hope you enjoy. :flowers:

I enjoyed Speak Memory. Lolita not as much. This one is kicking my butt a little. :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Back