• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from New Zealand

Poppy1

Hi everyone. I live in the South Island of New Zealand on a small farm. I am married with three children, two pretty much grown up and one 11. I love reading, my favourites are humourous autobiographical books but I like a wide range ( just nothing too hi-brow). Looking forward to some lively comments.

Thanks for the welcome you guys. This forum is such an interesting place to look around.
SFG75 thought you might be interested to know, that the avatar is a photo I was sent on the net, of a sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its' closest point.

Poppy1 said:
Thanks for the welcome you guys. This forum is such an interesting place to look around.
SFG75 thought you might be interested to know, that the avatar is a photo I was sent on the net, of a sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its' closest point.

Sweet-I love those somewhat mystical planet shots. Heck, I still like to watch mornings. BTW-If you like humorous biographical, check out Alan Alda's recent book. I posted about it here, but evidently, we don't have a lot of MASH fans here.;) :rolleyes: :D

SFG75 said:
Sweet-I love those somewhat mystical planet shots. Heck, I still like to watch mornings. BTW-If you like humorous biographical, check out Alan Alda's recent book. I posted about it here, but evidently, we don't have a lot of MASH fans here.;) :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for that, I'll definitely look for his book. I used to really enjoy MASH. They've repeated it many times in N.Z. Have you ever seen the British programme Dad's Army? Different kind of humour, but very funny and well acted. Also really enjoyed the Canadian comedy Northern Exposure - delightfully eccentric characters. All oldies but goodies.

Welcome to TBF - it's nice to have another Kiwi on here :D

Where specifically do you come from? I'm from Rangiora (just north of Christchurch) myself.

Heloooo-Poppy!

Poppy-
Welcome to the Book Forum. Where did you get that piece at the bottom? Was that John Lennon, "A Spaniard in the Works"? Or a quote from him? Frederick

MonkeyCatcher said:
Welcome to TBF - it's nice to have another Kiwi on here :D

Where specifically do you come from? I'm from Rangiora (just north of Christchurch) myself.

Hi MonkeyCatcher. :) Nice to see you too. I come from the Nelson area - out in the country, towards Motueka. ( They say we have accents:eek: - have you noticed ?:D )

F.M.Thompson said:
Poppy-
Welcome to the Book Forum. Where did you get that piece at the bottom? Was that John Lennon, "A Spaniard in the Works"? Or a quote from him? Frederick

Hellooo back Frederick. :) The quote ( unfortunately not origonal) comes from the Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll. See you play the guitar, what sort of music do you like? I fumble round amateurishly with mostly 70's folk type stuff.

Hey your avatar is a bit like mine.

Back