• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, how are you all?

Oh, now ya done it Linda!
Just got back from Author's Websites. Now I KNOW I'll never run out of reading! Noticed every good detective/spy/mystery name I could think of among my personal favorites on that list. And even Henning Mankell. YAY! That is one up-to-date list!
Well, but it was a nice shove, not like an actual push. :D
Peder

Oops! Forgot to say...
I just added the Mankell sites today and the Block one the other day...
THAT is the magic...
just reply with link and it is added!! Just like that!
ENJOY!

Hello Peder
Just finished ... Mondrian, still laughing... Don't know what to read next as it's bound to be an anti-climax! :D
How about you?

lindaj07 said:
Hello Peder
Just finished ... Mondrian, still laughing... Don't know what to read next as it's bound to be an anti-climax! :D
How about you?
Hi Linda!
That was a razzle-dazzle climax wasn't it?! Sort of like a shell game with about 20 shells instead of the usual three! (I assume they have them there also, but maybe not; they are the bane of existence in NYC.) And anyone who could follow that ending would have to be a genius, right?! I'm looking forward to the next one with high hopes; no anti-climaxes for me! :D

But, BIG NEWS!

The great detective here has solved the mystery of the fleeing Lawrence Block books! They haven't been fleeing in the numbers I originally thought. They have just fled to another shelf! :eek: And I have been looking in the wrong place. Oh, humiliation! :eek: Or it could simply be (although so very hard to believe :rolleyes: ) that I was simply looking in the wrong place all along. Talk about dumb and dumber! :eek: OK, all together now : har-dee-har-har! Ssheesh!

And it is no excuse that I forgot the alphabet and that the two books I was staring at were by Larry Brooks, and that it took a long time for me to realize that Larry Brooks does not equal Lawrence Block. :(

But, anyway, the two Rhodenbarr stories that I originally saw are really gone, so he must have a following.

So, mystery solved, but still no new mystery to read.

But all was not lost because I found a different book to buy: Italo Calvino's "If on a winter's night a traveler..." which has me chuckling out loud and is a totally different kettle of fish.

Reading continues unabated!
Onward!
Peder

Hello again
Glad to know you found Block under B before Br... :D
I noticed on that Block website we were talking about... but thats for the Block Thread I guess!!??!?!??? Confused? You will be!!!! :confused:
Will post it there if I remember and I have time too.
I have decided on a tiny wee book by an Egyptian guy to read between Blocks. Kind of cheating really as it only has around 100 pages. His name is Ibrahim Yared and the book is "A Cage Without Bars" I like "World Literature" (I suppose it could be called) next best thing to actually travelling.
By the way, never heard of shells, at least I don't think I have but if they are on the streets of NY now? I suppose we can expect them here tomorrow or so!!?
I also haven't heard of Italo Calvino. At least I don't think I have...
The joys of intercontinental book chat!! I got some nice books the other night so am set for another while. Louis DeBerniere The War of Don Emmanuel's Parts. Should be good! And the other one is by Sara Paretsky - Deadlock (part of a set of female detective novels I haven't read for a while) I really seriously need to stay away from bookshops for a while!
Happy reading!
Talk to you again soon
Linda

(PS I really think we should be sending emails or whatever they are instead of submitting the rest of cyberspace to our blethers don't you? Not that I don't think they are thoroughly interesting! :D )

Back