• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello

pixidance

Hi there!

I'm a mom of 3 boys. My oldest, 10, reads anything he can get his hands on. My middle boy, 8, is starting on Icefire, after finishing "The Fire Within". It only took him 6 months, but you have to admire that kind of stick-to-it-iveness! My youngest, 7, is mostly interested in graphic novels.

I love true science fiction and fantasy, but I read all sorts of books. I'll read just about anything if it's nearby. My favorite author is Ray Bradbury, I think he's a brilliant man :) I've read most things by him, but some of the newer stuff has been harder to find at my library.

I also love mythology and folk tales. I have quite a few books hanging around and wish I could afford more. I know the most about Greek mythology because it's the easiest to find information about.

Welcome Pixidance, I enjoy reading folk tales also. I'm just starting to get into fantasy, not a big sci-fi fan though.

Hi and welcome! I have a few kids around here myself.. and they're a book loving bunch too. If only I could get them all to synchronise their reading times...:cool:

How do you sync up 10 kids? I have 2 and I'm running out of steam.:p

T'aint easy Izzy. Their dad refuses to let me use drugs..he's such a spoilsport:p

And the numbers thing is all relevant. We're down to 9 living at home (sort of) and three of them are adults with jobs and their own wheels.. so they're not home much..which means they just come home to sleep and make messes. So now I have to plan meals for as few as 8 and as many as 11..with several huber-picky eaters in the mix..it's no wonder I have grey hairs:rolleyes:

But at least most of them love to read..the ones who don't like to look at the pictures and be read to, so we can work with that..:cool:

Hi there pixidance. Think of a way to amuse me, post that sucker and I will look forward to reading it.

Back