• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help A 5th Grader With Her Antonyms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't suggest this to a fellow member.

That's how some forums just become sh*t. They lose people who have different ideas.

I'm all for diversity of ideas. Disagree with me. Fine. Maybe I'll learn something from somebody else's pov.

If everyone agreed with everyone else, this forum would not be a forum, but just more people nodding their heads to each other's same ideas.
Carlos is saying that he's in some way being singled out and harassed by someone of authority and that it's an ongoing problem. Most level-headed people would realize that the authority have the last say and if begging and pleading your case still hasn't gotten the desired results, then it probably won't change. Therefore, rather than starting a campaign against the authority (several threads have been removed), drawing heaps of attention towards yourself, most people would just leave. This is not his place of employment or his home and he doesn't have the "right" not to be "harassed" even though that's hugely debatable as to what's happening. Right or wrong, if he believes strongly enough that he's being "wronged" or that the site/forum isn't being operated in the way he thinks it should be, the best thing to do is just move along. That's what I'd do.

At some point in life, everyone runs into a wall, failure, or mistake.

What Carlos has said is obviously his opinion. For the "campaign", I don't see that happening anytime soon. Many of us may disagree with his opinion or the way he's saying it.

None of us live a perfect life. Some days are good, while some days are bad. Maybe he's just having a bad day. Maybe he's indignant over Heat losing to Bulls that night of May 15th, 82/102. Everyone blurts out some sentence wrong way and/or wrong time once in a while.

But, to go away just because he feels that way and to apply your method in life, everyone will be living on their own small island without any collective sharing of ideas.

Thomas A. Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
This was said when he was trying to invent his famous light bulb.

I'm not encouraging Carlos to keep up his rant, but I'm just saying, yes, you'll see some disagreeable writing in this forum by some of us or yourself, but for this 'rant', one should not suggest to leave this community so swiftly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back