• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me decide!

Should I buy it?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
I find it hard to recommend. It read to me like a mixture of conspiracy theory, mostly irrelevant known facts, speculations and innuendoes. Or, if it contains a nub of truth, that the real truth is still not there. My impression of the book was that, so far, nobody with any real information was yet talking.
What to do instead? Wait until authoritative Soviet records of the alleged encounter are made available.

I'd borrow it from the library. True, other people may have read it in the toilet or put their boogers on the pages, but hey, it's free!

Did you go through the truckload ,and don't you have enough there to choose from? I wonder if there is a Books Anon:D

Did you go through the truckload ,and don't you have enough there to choose from? I wonder if there is a Books Anon:D

I didn't end up keeping many of those. I ended up keeping less than 1%. I have two boxes of books that I don't want but I recognized as ones someone might want.

I now have 44 boxes of books waiting for me to take them to be recycled.

I find it hard to recommend. It read to me like a mixture of conspiracy theory, mostly irrelevant known facts, speculations and innuendoes. Or, if it contains a nub of truth, that the real truth is still not there. My impression of the book was that, so far, nobody with any real information was yet talking.
What to do instead? Wait until authoritative Soviet records of the alleged encounter are made available.

I dunno peder, The Journal of Military History article seemed to have quite a bit of meat to it.

I dunno peder, The Journal of Military History article seemed to have quite a bit of meat to it.

Probably. Do you have a citation for the article?

If you think it clinches the story of what exactly happened, by all means don't let me put you off. I thought the book ended up with a rather squishy likely guess.

Probably. Do you have a citation for the article?

Not offhand. I *think* it was in The Journal of Military History. There's a B&N next door, I should go check to make sure I have the periodical title correct.

I have it on a high up source in the brass that Stewart gave the Scorpion a roundhouse kick and it sank. True dat.:cool:

Not offhand. I *think* it was in The Journal of Military History. There's a B&N next door, I should go check to make sure I have the periodical title correct.

A slight exaggeration of how that sounded in my mind.

LOL. That's how it sounded in my head as I was typing it. I was in a coffee shop last night and there was a B&N next door. The same B&N where I read the article.

Peder, I was wrong in the magazine title. It was Military History Quarterly. The Winter 2008 edition and the article is called "Buried at Sea". The article had some conjecture but it didn't seem outlandish at all.

It was Military History Quarterly. The Winter 2008 edition and the article is called "Buried at Sea". The article had some conjecture but it didn't seem outlandish at all.
Many thanks for the effort, SparkChaser. I'll look it up at my Borders store a mile up the road, later this afternoon.
;)

Many thanks for the effort, SparkChaser. I'll look it up at my Borders store a mile up the road, later this afternoon.
;)

:lol::lol:

If they still have it in stock, I'd be surprised. The newest issue is out.

;)

You're a very cruel person Peder. I've got but a Wal-Mart book aisle to choose from in my town.:sad:

Cheap romance novels and NASCAR biographies galore! Yee-Haw!

Their sci-fi/fantasy section has actually expanded quite a bit since we've lived here. The problem is everything is like part 5 or an on-going series. There seems to be a new fantasy author every week or so and most are marketed towards the female of the species with sex, romance, vampires...crap like that.

Back