• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hercule poirot new series

GERBAM

PBS has begun a new Poirot series on MASTERPIECE MYSTERY. It began w/ CAT AMONG THE PIGEONS on June 21@9pm in Ct.

ENJOY;)

Dang it! I just read that book too. I'll have to try and catch the next installment.

Thanks for the heads up. BTW, who is Poirot? David Suchet?

Poirot is ...

Dang it! I just read that book too. I'll have to try and catch the next installment.

Thanks for the heads up. BTW, who is Poirot? David Suchet?

You are very welcome, mmyap.
Yes David Suchet is Poirot, again. He does such a good job don't you think?

I"m sure the episodes will be repeated. This time around the series has 6 episodes.

ENJOY

Hi, new here and found you via a Google search.

I'm wondering if anyone can identify the poem (or prose) that the schoolteacher in "Cat Among the Pigeons" was reading to her students.

Would love to know. Thanks for your help,

Hi, new here and found you via a Google search.

I'm wondering if anyone can identify the poem (or prose) that the schoolteacher in "Cat Among the Pigeons" was reading to her students.

Would love to know. Thanks for your help,

The Magic Box ( I think,) by Kit Wright.

Thanks, Libra

Thanks, Libra, for directing me to Kit Wright. Although the poem The Magic Box comes from a collection named "Cat Among the Pigeons", I don't think it is the correct poem. For one thing, the poem was published in 1987, so quoting it in the Poirot script would be an anachronism. Secondly, I seem to recall a girl's name used in the brief reading, maybe "Lizzie" or something equally old-fashioned.

Orphan i'm not sure but if you put teh line from the poem into the search engine won't it find the poem thru wikipedia or something?
I am absolutely not sure but it seems tht you should have some luck looking it up.

Hope you find it.

Thanks, Gerbam

Orphan i'm not sure but if you put teh line from the poem into the search engine won't it find the poem thru wikipedia or something?
I am absolutely not sure but it seems tht you should have some luck looking it up.
Hope you find it.

Yes, you are right. First I'll have to watch the episode again to get the exact quote. I think full episodes are available online.

Best regards,

Back