• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey from Melbourne via Tokyo...

Andrez

Hi all,

I'm a wee bit new to this forum and thought it was timely to start the ball rolling - I'm Andrez, an expat Australian who's lived in Japan for the past 9 years.

Aside from teaching chores I'm a freelance journalist and musician, and am about to publish my first novel (called Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat) later this month, which I'm obviously over-the-moon about! ;)

Nice to meet all of you, and it will be great to have a chat about stuff. Oh, and Happy New Year by the way!

Best,
Andrez

Ha Ha Ha - didn't know that! ;)

It's common Aussie English to say "thanks" (we're lazy and love shortening stuff), but apparently we stole it from the Irish.

Ha Ha Ha - didn't know that! ;)

It's common Aussie English to say "thanks" (we're lazy and love shortening stuff), but apparently we stole it from the Irish.
So,you are thieves? lol

What made you move to Japan?

So,you are thieves? lol

Well, Sydney was an old convict colony! ;)

Luckily I'm from Melbourne.... heh-heh...

I moved to Tokyo almost 10 years ago for a whole bunch of reasons - I love Japanese food, movies, anime, culture and manga, and as a journalist I get to focus on these things over here.

Plus it's a crazy place to live!!

Well, Sydney was an old convict colony! ;)

Luckily I'm from Melbourne.... heh-heh...

I moved to Tokyo almost 10 years ago for a whole bunch of reasons - I love Japanese food, movies, anime, culture and manga, and as a journalist I get to focus on these things over here.

Plus it's a crazy place to live!!

Maybe you are a convict who got away?:whistling:

My daughter is into Manga,I was surprised to learn you read it from the end.lol

It must be beautiful.

Heh-heh... wouldn't surprise me knowing my hotch-potch assortment of Scottish, Norwegian and Irish ancestors!!

Manga's great, and - yep - best read from the back. ;)

Tokyo is sometimes just that; at others hilarious and bizarre. My cup o' tea precisely. Where in Canada are you?

Heh-heh... wouldn't surprise me knowing my hotch-potch assortment of Scottish, Norwegian and Irish ancestors!!

Manga's great, and - yep - best read from the back. ;)

Tokyo is sometimes just that; at others hilarious and bizarre. My cup o' tea precisely. Where in Canada are you?

Montreal:)

How's that? French-speaking capital, right? The only place in Canada I've been to thus far is Windsor - I was DJing in Detroit and popped across the border.

How's that? French-speaking capital, right? The only place in Canada I've been to thus far is Windsor - I was DJing in Detroit and popped across the border.

Meh,it's ok,I would prefer an English speaking Provence but what ya gonna do.:)
It's a beautiful place but the language law is annoying.

Sounds like it would be - still, handy if ever you find yourself stranded in France! :whistling:

Back