• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

Your boys look pretty good this year, Moto; but I would expect nothing less from a team coached by Ken Hitchcock. Too bad your best forward is more fragile then my mothers fine china.

The WIngs are a much better team then I would have expected with the coming of the salary cap. Best record in the west, and a more effective coach then they have had since Scotty retired. Zetterberg and Datsyuk have shown themselves to be superstar material, and nobody would have guessed Holmstrom would have 20+ goals this season. The opinion of most of the fans that I've heard from is that Detroits weakness is between the pipes, but I think Legace is a better netminder then most give him credit for.

Nashville was hot early on, but started to slow before the Olmpics break. I look for them to challenge for the best in the West with Detroit, Dallas and possibly Calgary.

As usual for the past umpteen-thousand years (it seems that long) the big question for the Flyers is goaltending. They are scoring goals, but giving up so much more, especially in the third period.

I think if the play-offs started today the Flyers would be seated 5th. I'm not sure they would make it past the first round the way they are playing right now. Too inconsistant.

Motokid said:
As usual for the past umpteen-thousand years (it seems that long) the big question for the Flyers is goaltending. They are scoring goals, but giving up so much more, especially in the third period.

I think if the play-offs started today the Flyers would be seated 5th. I'm not sure they would make it past the first round the way they are playing right now. Too inconsistant.

You don't think your boys would get by Buffalo? That's gotta hurt.

Detroit is in first in the West, and if the playoffs started today, they would play Edmonton.

I really doubt the Flyers would beat Buffalo in a 7 game series. For some reason in the past few years that team has given the Flyers almost as much trouble as the Devils. It's a mental thing or something. Even without Hasek in goal....:( :mad: :(

Motokid said:
I really doubt the Flyers would beat Buffalo in a 7 game series. For some reason in the past few years that team has given the Flyers almost as much trouble as the Devils. It's a mental thing or something. Even without Hasek in goal....:( :mad: :(

I can't believe that, the Flyers are a much better team then Buffalo. Perhaps it really is a mental thing.

Here's what The Flyers got left before the playoffs start:

Devils
Rangers
Ottawa
Maple Leafs
Devils
Islanders
Rangers
Buffalo
Maple Leafs
Pittsburgh
Devils
Rangers
Devils
Islanders

The way the Flyers are playing I can't see more than 3 victory's in the last group of games and every loss is the potential to drop faster in golf season.

Flyers are currently 5th behind Buffalo and only a handful of points in front of New Jersey. Not good with 4 games with the Devils left.

The West is a scary place to be. The Avs are 2 pts out of first and 3 pts from being out of the playoffs entirely. Results from Tanguay's are supposed to come in today so I'm crossing my fingers...

Flyers beat the Devils last night 2-1 in a nail biter, and play the Rangers tonight. Rnagers have been hot and stinkin' Jagr has been ripping the Flyers a new one almost every game they've played since December.

I actually like where the Flyers sit right now. I'd rather see a first round against Buffalo than against Tampa Bay or the Devils.

You don't give your boys enough credit, Motokid.

Nice win against the rags last night.

The Wings just defeated the Sharks 4-0 for 102 points on the season. With games scheduled against the Blue Jackets (2), Blackhawks (2) and the Blues (2), there only a hand full of games left that should challenge the Wings, the last two games against Nashville and Dallas, which should get them ready for the playoffs.

The only question for the Wings will be how far they go into the playoffs.

Yeah, I think I should have negativve feelings the rest of the season. :D

Two nice wins back-to-back. Now they have to play Ottawa....:eek:

Detroit has the best record in all of hockey right now. Between Detroit and Ottawa it looks like both teams are set up to make the finals unless there a major choke from either of them.

That's the beauty of the hockey playoffs. Best of 7 series all the way through really digs down into every teams ability to be consistant.
Truely a warrior mentallity not many sports can compare with.

I don't see the Wings choking this year, so much as getting bested by a team that is playing better. I wouldn't be suprised to see Dallas come out of the West, beating the Wings in the conference finals. They have really turned it around lately. The Wings big question is goaltending. Is Legace good enough? Sure, Osgood has already won a Cup backstopping the Wings. But he did it with a better team in front of him. As a lifelong Red Wings fan, I am just happy to see them continue to be one of the best teams in the league, and they continue to draft the talent that will lead them (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, etc.).

In the East, I think it's going to be the Canes. It seems like no one is believing in what they are doing. Everyone is talking Ottawa, or Philly, or the Rangers. It would be a big kick in the butt to see the Sabres and Canes in the conference finals. (Though I would really enjoy seeing that.) I don't think the Rangers will get past the first round. And though I think the Flyers have what it takes to win a Cup right now, they have to get everyone healthy and get some momentum. At least they have been getting the momentum as of late. As for the Senators, goaltending is the question here, too. Will Hasek be back in time, and any good? Or can this kid Emery take them far?

No matter what the answers are, I just love hockey and hope for an exciting playoff run.

Who on earth is still talking Flyers in the finals?????

There's no indication that Forsburg can go more than a month without missing a handful of games.

There's no indication that either goalie can get hot, and stay hot for more than a handful of games.

The only thing the Orange & Black can do consistantly for more than 4 or 5 games is be inconsistant.

I wish I could have faith, but they've made it so hard. Even though they are now tied for first place with the Rangers.

I could see the 'Canes going all the way. I can also see Ottawa there too. Anybody else would be a surprise in the east.

Motokid said:
Who on earth is still talking Flyers in the finals?????

There's no indication that Forsburg can go more than a month without missing a handful of games.

There's no indication that either goalie can get hot, and stay hot for more than a handful of games.

The only thing the Orange & Black can do consistantly for more than 4 or 5 games is be inconsistant.

I wish I could have faith, but they've made it so hard. Even though they are now tied for first place with the Rangers.

I could see the 'Canes going all the way. I can also see Ottawa there too. Anybody else would be a surprise in the east.

At lease you won't be disappointed if your boys don't go all the way.

I don't know if the Wings have what it takes to go all the way or not. Stevie Y is looking better every game and can always be counted on to play a huge role in the playoffs. They have a better coach for the playoffs, and they have younger legs this season then last.

Only time will tell if the Wings have all the pieces to go all the way.

Ottawa tonight for the Flyers. Not even close to holding my breath on this one. A win would be a wonderful present, but it would almost be just as shocking.

I'm a skeptic. I hold hope, but I'm not betting any money, or even being cocky about it. I really don't have much faith.

I would prefer to see the Flyers hold onto that 4th or 5th playoff spot at this point so losing tonight would be no big deal.

Motokid said:
Ottawa tonight for the Flyers. Not even close to holding my breath on this one. A win would be a wonderful present, but it would almost be just as shocking.

I'm a skeptic. I hold hope, but I'm not betting any money, or even being cocky about it. I really don't have much faith.

I would prefer to see the Flyers hold onto that 4th or 5th playoff spot at this point so losing tonight would be no big deal.

Judging from the outcome, you should have had a little faith.

Being quite the skeptic is working out kinda nicely though.

So here's the typical scenario. Flyers play well, even really well against the better and best teams down the home stretch. Then, there's a couple-o games with teams who are not in the playoff picture at all. Just so happens to be the Maple Leafs and Pittsburgh. Almost guaranteed to have a lousy showing against these two lousy teams. Almost guaranteed.

So the Maple Leafs come first. Two games left between these rivals. At best I see the Flyers splitting with the Leafs in these two games. A win and a loss. They are currently set up very well for an embarrasing loss after 3 straight wins and especially after making the Senators look pretty bad Saturday night.

A severe routing by the Leafs might be just the fuel the Flyers need going into the game after that with the Devils, but one game at a time.

Prediction: Flyers lose to a team they should own at this point, the lowly and pathetic Maple Leafs.

It looks like the Lafs by one goal. It's times like this when it must suck to be right.

At least they didn't lose to the Blue Jackets like the Wings did the other night.

Lafs....I like that.

If the Flyers have to lose to the pathetic Maple Lafs in order to beat the Rangers, Devils, and Senators than that's a trade-off I can live with.

The Maple Lafs not making the playoffs this year will be a great thing to witness, and there's no pride in beating a team that makes the playoffs when your team does not.

I was actually surprised the Flyers kept the game that close. I expected a larger gap in the score.

I just hope the loss to the Lafs is incentive to crush the Devils, who the Flyers meet next.

Lafs....love it...:D

Sorry about last nights loss to New Jersey. Perhaps they'll do better today against the Islanders.

Hay Motokid, I see your boys are still in 5th place behind Buffalo. It shouldn't take much more for them to lock up a slot in the post season.

Well, they beat the Islanders, and play the Rangers tonight.

I've never been too nervous that the Flyers would not make the playoffs. It's just who they'll end up with first round. I'm not even sure if home ice advantage is a good thing or not with this team.

I don't think they can catch and pass the Sabers for 4th spot, but if they can beat the Rangers and get third (I know that sounds looney for non-hockey fans, but that's the way this works right now) the Flyers might end up with a tougher first round.

8 Games left...then the real fun starts.

Back