• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi All

spikeyli

I'm new to the forum, just wanted to have a place where I can chat about the books I've been reading. When I do this at the other forums I belong to (pet forums) they all just ignore my thread. Guess I'm the only book worm there.:eek:

Well I'd be a liar if I were to say I'm a big fan of Shakespear and Mark Twain, I like the brain teasers fine but for fun reading I like humor and thrillers. I like my Dan Brown books, I find his writing style fascinating. He obviously did a lot of research on his subjects and I love how he takes historical facts and makes a fiction out of it. I aboslutely loved Angels and Demons (much more than Da Vinci Code) and I can't wait to start on Deception Point.

For fun light reading I like my Janet Evanovich and Mary Janice Davidson. I like their humor and their goofball heroine. That's pretty much as far as I go for romance reading, I'm not a very romantic person and I find a lot of romance novels just plain silly :p

I would say I tolerate Anne Rice as far as thrillers, but she tends to just go on and on and on about emotions and descriptions and never gets to the point. She tends to bore me but I would finish the book just because I paid for it. I think Stephen King is hit or miss, the early King novels were great, I really liked Rose Madder and Salem. The Dark Half, not so much. I used to like Iris Johansen, but after a few books I think all her characters are the same so I got frustrated and gave up on her.

Ofcourse since I have a dog, I read anything that's dog related. I have yet to get Marley and Me by John Grogan, heard tons of great things about it but I kept putting it off becausee of the eventual sad ending. I do like Jenny Lee's What Wendell Wants, it hits a little close to home but a fun read regardless.

Welcome!

spikeyli said:
Ofcourse since I have a dog, I read anything that's dog related. I have yet to get Marley and Me by John Grogan, heard tons of great things about it but I kept putting it off becausee of the eventual sad ending.

The ending really wasn't that bad. It isn't like the dog gets hit by a car. Don't let the ending stop you from reading it. I will warn you though that the book is very light reading in my opinion. You should read the Dog Lover's Mysteries. I can't remember offhand who wrote them, but I think they are easy enough to come across on amazon.

Greetings!. I have a pet, though I will toss her onto on coming traffic if she messes upstairs again

.......just kidding.;)

I like dog books but I usually read more instructional type books (like how to teach your dog to sing, or 100 things of emergency dog care you should know, etc.) instead. My all time favorite books on animal has to be the James Herriott series. Every time I read his books I have fantasies about my hot vet, LOL :D I've read a book written by the son, James Wright and let's just say he did not inherit his father's gift. I couldn't get past the first 3 chapters. I can say if I've read Herriott's books early, I would have became a veterinarian instead. I just love that man.

you don't like shakespeare or mark twain!?!

so sad! ;)

anyways, welcome! we've already become acquainted of course!

i am interested in reading some of your picks (Evanovich and Davidson).

i am like you, in that i almost always have to finish a book if i started it, even if i can't hardly stand it! although i did put one away once, and it was a Rice book. the incest and the gruesomeness of it all just got way over the top for me and i couldn't tolerate it anymore

Back