• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi, I'm bobby, I'm 20 and I just love to play those goddamn video games!

Ice said:
I'm fed up with replacing the wires that have been chewed or shut in doors! :p
You want to nip that in the bud. There's no excuse for a grown man chewing through wires.

Litany said:
I love the Lucasarts games. My boyfriend was never a fan of adventure games, but he'd only played duff ones. I lent him my copy of Grim Fandango and now he's hooked. He's currently working his way through my collection. Sadly lacking Monkey Island 1 and 2 as I had those on my old Amiga, which is sadly no more. My favourites are the Monkey Island games. Pirates. Arrrrrr. But DOTT and Sam And Max are hilarious. Grim Fandango was a little sad in places. Full Throttle was ok, it had that motorbike fight sequence in it afterall. The Dig is probably my least favourite. It's got good puzzles, but it's not as entertaining as the others.

If yea be liking lucasarts adventure games then feast yea eyes on thease beauties me hearty! Zak MacKraken & Maniac Mansion ( fan made remakes )

:)

Ahhh, Lucasarts ... those were the days!! I love all the ye olde Point and Click games (all that Litany mentioned plus the Broken Sword games). Am very heavily into RPGs, as Ice said (and she DOES steal the good stuff, she DOES!!), but my computer is dismantled at the moment awaiting our move (Although strangely Ice's is up and running and taking up loads of space in MY bedroom!! :mad:)

Phil

phil_t said:
Ahhh, Lucasarts ... those were the days!! I love all the ye olde Point and Click games (all that Litany mentioned plus the Broken Sword games). Am very heavily into RPGs, as Ice said (and she DOES steal the good stuff, she DOES!!), but my computer is dismantled at the moment awaiting our move (Although strangely Ice's is up and running and taking up loads of space in MY bedroom!! :mad:)

Phil

Have you played Broken Sword 3 yet? I thought that it had a great plot, that it was a valiant attempt to ressurect the genre, but the puzzles were too easy and relied too heavily on THOSE DAMN BLOCK-PUSHING SEQUENCES! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Litany: Buy the MI bumper pack, it's only £15 and it has all of the first 3 MI games-I am sure you can find some charitable use for the repeat copy of CoMI.

SillyWabbit: But the entirety of the original Maniac Mansion is a free secret in DoTT anyway!

Jules said:
Has anyone played one of the Leisure Suit Larry games?
I only had number 2 (hee hee, number 2). It was ok, but it irked me. I've probably been spoiled by Lucasarts, but it would kill me over such stupid things, such as taking the dip with me in the life boat. Why put it in the game if I'm not allowed to eat it? And I'd get miles through only to find out that I needed to bring something with from ages ago in the game that I hadn't picked up.

I've played some of the King's Quest Games too, and again with the dying and the stuckness. This is why I will always prefer Lucasarts to Sierra. I like that Guybrush can hold his breath underwater for 10 minutes. I like that you can't get stuck without the right object in any of his puzzles.

When my brother played Monkey Island 2 he warned me that it had a really wierd ending. Turns out he just couldn't find the light switch on the wall, and had been standing in the dark in the tunnel complex thinking that was how the game ended. :D

Aaaaarrgghh, didnt you just hate dying every two minutes in the Sierra games!! I have the whole Space Quest series (bought in one pack) but i hardly played them because you end up dying every two minutes!! At least in Monkey Island you could only die a couple of times, and then it was very humerous!!

I have played LLL, most of the series, as a young boy at my friends house (aaah, the other friend defense!), and well, they suck as adventures, and they suck as a means of titilation for young boys - thank god we have the internet these days and dont have to bother with such nonsense :D

Themistocles, i havnt played Broken Sword 3 yet, but i plan to get it when ive solved my 'computer in storage' problem (not to mention my 'having no money' problem), as i really loved the first two.

Phil :)

Litany: But Monkey Island 2 DID have a really wierd ending! Chuckie? The carnival? AAAAGGHHH! I for one am glad at the turn CoMI took, although many die-hard fans refuse to accept the two later games (In EfMI's case, with good reason.) The tale of your brother is nonetheless highly amusing!

Phil: You should do so once you sort out your brace of issues, despite the...the blocks...Urgh...Though in its defence, sometimes they are crates, masonry slabs or just conveniently regularly-sized boulders.

I've realised I might have been a little harsh on Sierra, as it's occured to me that Gabriel Knight was Sierra. I think. If I'm wrong, then Sierra suck arse, but if I'm right, then I apologise wholeheartedly.

Favourite is number 2 (hee hee number 2), had some great quotes which transferred well to real life, and it had the cheesy bit where his hairy werewolf chum sets him up that whore for a night of passion. Excellent game. :D

I tell you I am a Ritter of Rittersburg!

Those woods go back a ways. Plenty of room to hide.

Does anyone else listen to videogame music? Most people seem to think it's incredibly sad and foolish, but personally I love all of Koji Kondo's Zelda music, the atmospheric jazz and swing of the Grim Fandango OST and the wonderful themes from Chrono Trigger (especially the orchestral versions), to name but a few.

My sister's boyfriend brought around his PC today. a 3gHz Pentium 4 (overclocked to 3.6, naturally,) about a gig of DDR 400 RAM, a 200gB serial-88 hard drive. It only had a 64mB GeForce 2 in the graphics department, but otherwise, top-notch. Fast. Very fast. My only problem was that all my games are tailored to my steam-powered creation and so I had nothing to test it to its full potential with!

Back