• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Historical Novels

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to read The Long Ships. Thanks for reminding me. And there are some really great novels listed there - The Athenian Murders, Name of the Rose...

It's not a very complete list, though, and it's remarkable how many of the books set in "exotic" countries (from a Western Europe/US perspective) are written by writers with English names. Oh well.

Also, the 1960s counts as historical now? :p

I agree with BG,interesting and various but very incomplete and sometime far fletch-David Gemmell-for Macedonia is Fantasy really.
The list on Pakistan is impressive !

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to read The Long Ships. Thanks for reminding me. And there are some really great novels listed there - The Athenian Murders, Name of the Rose...

It's not a very complete list, though, and it's remarkable how many of the books set in "exotic" countries (from a Western Europe/US perspective) are written by writers with English names. Oh well.
I thought it would be interesting having so many countries to choose from.

Also, the 1960s counts as historical now? :p
You will have to ask a historian about this:p

Historical Novel Society: Definitions of Historical Fiction:D

I don't know so much about Historical Novels but I do love reading about Wars that have taken place in the 20th Century.
2.gif
I don't support war but it's always interesting to read what strategies are executed when surrounded and out numbered, making best use of the equipment/supplies in harsh conditions, etc.

Back