• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Home pages

Wabbit

Just curious...

What do you have as your home page on your browser set to? Mine used to be Google, but now it's Wikipedia

I really like the new articles you get every day, and plus if I want information I turn to Wikipedia where once I would have turned to Google for information. Of course, Google is still tops for web searching ;)

I wrote a HTML page that acts like a jumpstation to all the sites I frequently visit. It loads up fast (because it's a local file), and I click click click to all the sites I want. Beats pulling down the bookmarks menu.

ds

direstraits said:
I wrote a HTML page that acts like a jumpstation to all the sites I frequently visit. It loads up fast (because it's a local file), and I click click click to all the sites I want. Beats pulling down the bookmarks menu.

ds
It's a very good technique. I did it once and was very useful, but from some reason I stopped using it. It became outdated and I became lazy... hehehe :rolleyes:

Hotmail for me. From there, I check messages that direct me to news sites and forum replies.

I also use google home. It's great because you get to see all your links, inbox, news and heaps of other content on the same page, plus you get google search, which I'm always using. Highly recommended!

PS Apologies if this sounds a bit like an ad for google! I just really like it.

Peronel said:
I also use google home. It's great because you get to see all your links, inbox, news and heaps of other content on the same page, plus you get google search, which I'm always using. Highly recommended!

PS Apologies if this sounds a bit like an ad for google! I just really like it.

Nothing wrong with that Peronel, I use that site a lot. When I registered for a lotus notes e-mail account at my present workplace, I found that the system had a little section whereby you could make altavista or lycos your home page.:eek: I thought, "that is soooooooo 1996!" the whole time they were mentioning that.:rolleyes:

i opt for the blank page in safari. i'm a graphic designer and can't stand being bombarded with imagery, especially bad type, so i start clean every day and with every command-N.

I use a blank page.

I was using Google, but in Korea it always comes up as Korean Google because my browser is set to eliminate cookies and other junk every time I close it, so it forgets I want Google in English.

Google must stay on the toolbar.

I was using Yahoo, but it is too busy with crap.

I have mine set on Google still. Thought about changing it to Wikipedia. Thought about changing it to this forum. I thought about changing it to a lot of things, but I've decided to keep it on Google.

Back