• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you hold your books?

Kiki5435

Okay, this question might sound ridiculous, but I'm serious.

How do you grip your books when you read? When I was a kid, I used to curve them back like I do to a news paper. However that destroyed the cover of the books and permanently malformed them. Nowadays, I take care of my books when reading. Usually, I even grasp them with two hands.

What about you? How do you grip your book? Do you try not to harm them at all?

Your question reminds me of someone.

Really? Who?:whistling::lol::whistling:

It really depends on the size and weight of the book. Also, it matters if I'm sitting up or reclining. Lighting might play a role too. Old eyes and bifocals force me to be flexible or else I'm throwing the book down in disgust because I can't possibly read if I can't see. Most of the time I'm a two-handed reader.

Hi abc. :D

Answering the OP's query, I use my hands to hold the book and I try to not curl back a paperback.

Hi abc. :D

Answering the OP's query, I use my hands to hold the book and I try to not curl back a paperback.

What really annoys me are the books I HAVE To bend backwards to read the words in the inside margins. Just the other day, I was reading a book with my son...he was reading aloud and I was trying to see the print to make sure he was getting the words correctly. There was no way to read this book without bending the pages backwards. GRRR!
4ABA999E-E1F0-DA92-5BCA-9FC211C77047

What really annoys me are the books I HAVE To bend backwards to read the words in the inside margins. Just the other day, I was reading a book with my son...he was reading aloud and I was trying to see the print to make sure he was getting the words correctly. There was no way to read this book without bending the pages backwards. GRRR!
4ABA999E-E1F0-DA92-5BCA-9FC211C77047

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back