• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How Many Books Do You Read in a Year (approx.)?

I don't keep track - but looking at my shelves - I've read over 40 this year. Not as much as some years, more than others. I definitely read much more than most of my friends - which is why I'm here. Nice to be on a forum with others who enjoy books!

Re: How Many Books Do You Read in a Year

Greetings,

I read anywhere between 80 - 100 books in a year.

Thanks for asking.

Cordially,
Afrika Midnight Asha Abney

few time

damn it there are so many books I'd like to read but I got no time enough. I got to study in the morning (college) and work in the afternoon... anyway here goes the best books I had time to read:

The Price of Salt, (aka, Carol, ), The Red and the Black, The Girl with the Golden Eyes, (aka, A menina dos olhos de ouro, La Fille aux yeux d'or), Germinal, Lord Jim, Memento Mori, The Hunt for Red October, In the Penal Colony, The Trial, The shining, Lost Horizon, Shalimar the clown, The quiet american, Les Chemins de Katmandou, (aka, the ways to Katmandou), The razor's edge, The Kite Runner, Workers of the Sea, Dead Zone, etc

and there are also some good stuff that people from abroad may not know (Elite da Tropa, O Criminalista, O Cortiço, Terra Papagalli, São Bernardo, Lucíola, A Hora da Estrela, Venha Ver o Por do Sol e Outros Contos, alguns contos de Machado de Assis - Teoria do Medalhão, A Cartomante, A Causa Secreta, Missa do galo, A Igreja do Diabo, Pai Contra Mãe -, A Droga da Obediência, Sangue no Asfalto, etc.).

94 so far, so should end with about 100. I can usually read 2 books a week, sometimes more. This was the year I got bogged down in Proust. Next year I'm giving him up in the interests of literature.

17 for 2006. I feel so inadequate...

Don't!

I don't keep track, but I doubt if I read more than that per year, quite possibly fewer. OK, I don't get as much time to read as I might like, but (a) I'm a fairly slow reader and (b) I always like to 'savour' my books - a bit like having a nice long soak in the bath as opposed to a quick shower!

After counting, I am right now on my 31st book of 2007. sounds about average for me. I hope to have about 36-40 by the end of the year. it helps me that I have a three hour round trip on the bus every day where I read. Also, I work in a retail store, and unless i have a customer, I read.

books read

i never really count,but i'd say between 60/80,maybe more some years
some i've read twice,so i don't know how to count that
i read at least one a week,often two,on vacations three

this year i may have done less
@#%&#@$ TV
went HD,with hundreds of channels

that box sucks you in

I am currently on my 92nd book this year and hope to make it to 100 but am doubtful with Christmas etc. I have managed to read more than the past few years where I have averaged about 70.

I am currently on my 92nd book this year and hope to make it to 100 but am doubtful with Christmas etc. I have managed to read more than the past few years where I have averaged about 70.

Damn!

The only way I could read 2 books a day is if they were around 50 pages each. Or maybe if I was one of those speed reading people.

Damn!

The only way I could read 2 books a day is if they were around 50 pages each. Or maybe if I was one of those speed reading people.

I don't even know a single speed reader who can fully understand what they read. Maybe my sister understands everything....but I don't know about her.

By the start of 2008, I'm making keeping a list/journal of what I read. It's going to include date, title, number of book of year, and how many pages. Well, most likely I'll do this.

I actually kept track of how many I read in the last six months and it was 32. So I guess double that and I read about 60 a year. For the new year, I'm implenting what I call 52 in 52, meaning 52 books in 52 weeks. We'll see how I do.

I actually kept track of how many I read in the last six months and it was 32. So I guess double that and I read about 60 a year. For the new year, I'm implenting what I call 52 in 52, meaning 52 books in 52 weeks. We'll see how I do.

I read more than 1 book per week. Lucky me :D. Too bad for all of the adults who don't have time like us "youngsters."

I don't really mean every adult or most adults call me/us youngsters

Back