• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How Many Books Do You Read in a Year (approx.)?

hmm...200-230 aprox. yes i do have a life haha... and im even taking double courses for school:D...i think i read too fast though...you dont get as much enjoyment...i try to slow down cuz i miss too much but i sub-conciously speed up again...

Somewhere between 1-200. I read fast and reread a lot - reread books are always faster - so the weekly total depends on how many re-reads.

I think last year it was around 31 or 32. I'm hoping to get more in this year. I'm doing the whole 50 book challenge thing.

This is the first year I'm actually keeping track of it (my list is at novelish.com/read-in-2007), but I'm up to 38 so far. I have a feeling I may have passed what I did last year already, since I've been reading a lot more recently.

It'd be awesome to reach 100 this year, and that's kind of my unofficial goal. I don't know if I'll be able to do it.

In the past, maybe 30-40. Last year, 107. This year - 58 so far.

I now only read books I really want to read (sounds bizarre), but in the past I would stock my shelves with literature that I should read, and I wouldn't read much. Now I stock my shelves with carefully chosen literature and other good books that are currently within my interest area. For example, I discovered that I enjoy John Updike more than Charles Dickens, and Barry Lopez and Farley Mowat more than Thoreau. Does it mean that I don't read Dickens and Thoreau? No, just that I get a lot more reading done in addition to them and the et ceteras.

Oh yeah, it helps that I only have two English TV channels available, one of which is no good, and the other of which is CNN. Watch the news in the morning, and there's not much else to see except Larry King Live (which I love unless they are talking about Paris Hilton).

so far i've read 20 - i'm trying to reach 50 by the end of December. originally the goal was 100, but i realized that wasn't possible. even though there are hundreds of books that i want to read, it seems like a waste of time if i read too fast to get anything out of it

I've been keeping a list of the books that I've read this year, and so far the count has reached twenty-six books. February and March were very slow months with only one or two books completed.

it was about 60 books last year. one book per week. but this year is very difficukt for me, i haven't got enough time for reading, so now i've read about 10 books per this 5 months

Before grad school I read 30 - 40. During grad school I read about 20 (not including school texts). Now that I'm out of grad school I'm back to 30 - 40. I always try to throw some thick and turgid ones in the mix, so they should count as 2 or 3 books, but I don't cheat.

Since I started at university, I have had no time for reading (besides school textbooks). So, I am on my 4th book of the year. For the first 3 months of the year, I couldn't read at all. This summer, though I plan to catch up and I have got 20 more books lined up for the rest of the year.

On an unrelated but slightly relevant note-

What do they call it when you have an obsession for collecting books just because they're books, - bibliomania - and you read books constantly - bookworm - and just have an all around love of books - bibliphily - ?

This year I've read maybe 60-80 some books of a greater degree than fantastical teen books. But I'm getting a job at my library and I get to handle books all day. I get to be a shelver. :D

Back