• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books on the go?

cabrasopa

Just wondering how many books you all read at once, i sometimes have two on the go one at home one at work.
Anybody read more than two?.

Nope - I usually read only one. If I do have two going at a time, it is always one fiction and one non-fiction. That way I won't get confused. :eek:

It varies. I usually have at least two started at any given time. At the moment, I've got 3 going. The two listed above plus the 2nd book of His Dark Materials trilogy (soon moving onto the Amber Spyglass).

I generally have more than one on the go, especially if i've started a book and then lost it (I'm that kind of person), then I'll start another and suddenly find the old one again - I often have more than one book on the go, I never had a problem reading that way.

Phil

I normally have one book at hand, one in the car (audiobook), and one ebook in my PDA for no-car-and-no-books-at-hand moments.

The one at hand is the one I pursue everyday.

ds

I usually read only one at a time unless I leave that at school or someplace. Then I'll start another one and have two going after I find the one I've lost/left.

I've tried reading more than one at a time, but I usually end up spending too much time on one book and stop reading the other or something. It's too much of hassle so I just do one at a time now. :eek:

I try not reading more than 3 at a time.

Now I'm reading only one book, but that'll change within the week.

I try to stick with just one. When I have two going, I tend to lose interest in one and never get back to it.

I typically have on the go - a long/classic/"difficult" book which I might take months over, a lighter novel, an audiobook and maybe an item of non-fiction. I pick up whichever I'm in the mood for at the time. Occasionally, this means some things are never picked up again.

There are practical considerations too. A fair chunk my reading is done on trains so hardbacks are likely to be read more slowly because they don't come out with me so often.

I'm also a member of a face to face book group, so sometimes for practical reasons I have to break off from something so I can read that month's choice, irritating when the group book turns out not to be to my taste :( .

at this moment i read 6 books!! whenever i'm in the mood for one, i pick it up!! one for school, one for home, one "hard" one, one funny one...
whatever i feel like reading!! :D

Currently reading: An Instance of the Fingerpost, Accounts Demystified, Lolita, Jesus Lived In India, and the Good Business Guide. I do pick up others on other occasions; such as short stories when heading to the throne room. :rolleyes:

Normally read just the one book at a time. I like to concentrate on the story of one book and have that world in my heart and mind. I find if I read more than one it just distracts

when i first saw the title of this thread, i thought, "omg, two books at once? who can do that?" and then i realized i was reading a book club pick and an old reliable of mine at the same time. however, one was a short story collection by salman rushdie and the other was "the princess bride"--it would be vewy vewy hard to mix up those two. ;)

I don't think it's fair for a book if you read more than one at a time. Just think of the book's feelings, it might be thinking "am I not good enough, can't I satisfy all the reading needs?"

Shame on you people who read more than one book at a time. :D

hay82 said:
I don't think it's fair for a book if you read more than one at a time. Just think of the book's feelings, it might be thinking "am I not good enough, can't I satisfy all the reading needs?"

come on!! if this book can't give me the story i want, but a combination can, why should i stick to one book at a time let the other ones lying around until i'm not in the mood for them anymore!! if i toss it then in the corner, what will it feel then??

hay82 said:

If one book could satisfy all reading needs, then we would read only that book and never ever bother to read any other book, right? ;)

Back