• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many forums do you frequent?

Egyptian Dreams is one of the better forums around at the moment.
KingTutOne used to be good but seems to be over run with the less mature members of late and so the appeal has gone from it.

As for general history, and for most other things, check out Able2Know - extremely useful site sometimes.

And of course, for all those history and Ancient Egyptian books, discuss them here, buy them here, and sell them here :cool:

Mxx

I visit about four different forums:
-This one, as you can see ^^"
-ALLRPG, for good video game, anime, and general talk
-Mind Trip, a small community for art and general talk, I post some writing there
-Dragon Isle, my fantasy based text role play forums.

Two Book Forums.
Two Writing Forums, mod in one, assistant manager in the other.
And three others just because I have friends there.

I used to be in more, but they just died away and I left. I haven't really got the time for a lot of active forums.

I agree with Wabbit, how DO you people find the time?(esp murphyz) The only other forum I belong to is one concerning ice hockey, my other passion.
With a house & yard to keep up and a 40-50 hour work week I'm lucky to find the time to read as much as I do. I'd never be able to do what most of you do. I don't have the time or the energy. You all...no , not all. Most of you...no, not most. A few , yeah, that's it, a few of you amaze me.

RaVeN

I don't heavily participate in all forums at all times. Over the last month, my contributions here have been significantly less than they would normally be, likewise at my own book forum. However, my participation in a few other forums has increased. My job involves working on the Internet so I easily find the time to go through all of the forums a few times a day to see what's new.

A lot of the times during the evening I play with Photoshop for a site called worth1000.com, and this takes up the majority of my time spending hours upon end on just one thing...if it wasn't for things like this and designing websites I could do more with the forums.

In answer to your query - if Einstein found enough hours in a day to do the things he did, I can easily find the time in mine to write a few nonsense words :)

Mxx

I am a member of Access World (on which I moderate) and Access VBA which are both forums for users of Microsoft Access. For Microsoft Excel, I use Mr Excel. For Visual Basic, I use VB Forums.

Language wise, I'm a member of Master Russian and I'm currently working on five forums for the site I'm working on to offer a French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Other forum for learners of languages at lingua-mile. I'm a lurker at Textkit's Greek and Latin forum, too.

With regards to making interactive fiction, I'm a member of a couple of Google Newsgroups: RAIF (the writing/programming side) and RGIF (the playing). Aside from these I'm regular on these fringe forums relative to the interactive fiction scene: ADRIFT and have posted a few times on Taplap.

Writing wise, it's this forum and Fiction Addiction although I do lurk in a few more.

Oh, and the vBulletin and the phpBB boards too.

I'm most active on the very first one I mentioned, having accumulated almost 9000 posts since Dec 10th, 2002.

I'm actually a member of a lot more - some I've just left off this list because I've listed the better ones. Sport and music, I've left off, too.

I noticed you were racking up the posts here too :p
I do love the phpbb software. And I must check out the access and excel forums...excel I particularly enjoy using.

um...not that I need to join any more forums that is - wonder if there is a forums anonymous helpline?

ooh - even better...there may be a forums anonymous forum somewhere :D

Mxx

murphyz said:
I noticed you were racking up the posts here too

:p

I just joined the ask2know forum you posted earlier; my sort of thing. :cool:

I don't know about the Egyptology yet; probably. :)

This one- though it's a bit spammy, it's fun

Moderate on http://www.sffworld.org/forums - science fiction/fantasy/horror fiction orientated, but there's also some decent film/sport discussions going on there as well. 'twas my first online forum, so forgive me for showing a bit of loyalty.

http://www.millarworld.biz - comic orientated. Not active at the mo (not in a comicy mood)

http://www.2000adonline.com - comic orientated, though a lot of fun topics seem to dominate.

http://www.sadgeezer.com - not very active (harks back to my babylon 5 days)

I hardly have time to post here...And not very frequently...Maybe it takes me too much time to decide what I'd like to write...

*thinks...*

*thinks again...*

*posts*

just this one
i am quite new to forums and this one has got me addicted.i cant imagine how you guys find time to be a part of even two forums.(murphyz gave me a heartattack)
well i guess i have to grow a bit older:(

not at all. You must remember I spend an average of 13 hours a day online so need to keep myself occupied sometimes. Forums are a perfect procrastination device as you do not need to read everything that there is on the site, and the reading/responses are usually in short batches - perfectly suited to dipping in and out of in between working and doing other things.

My main hobby is doing things such as creating websites and learning new web coding - so again, forums are a perfect medium for my hobby - whereas you probably have interests and commitments outwith here so spend time on them instead :)

...and besides, it's bad for your health to spend so long at the PC - go get some fresh air :D

Mxx

Back