• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How much reading time?

mom2kngr

My apologies if there is already a post for this. But I have had a terribly busy week and barely have been able to pick up my book except for like 30 minutes while sitting at tumbling practice with daughter and I was wondering on average how much reading time to do u get a day? I have been sooo bummed that my book was getting really good but my job has had me swampped enough that I just havent had much time to pick it up. I sit here and look at it and think maybe I could just read for 15 minutes...lol...but then my son comes up and thinks i need to get him something or help him with something:rolleyes: Well anyways, just curious how much time u all get a day too read?:D

Have a good day!

Well, with 2 kids myself, I try to read in the evening along side them. Our school requires reading time, they send home monthly calendars to keep tabs on how long they read each night. So I tend to read when they read. I also read anywhere I can squeeze in a few pages. I take the kids to the library and I read there while they either browse themselves, play a game, do homework or use the library computer.

I know it's hard to find the time, and just in the last couple of years I was able to pick up my reading since the kids were born and now that they both read, it's easier

I read and average one hour a day, somedays more

It depends entirely upon how many days I work in a particular week and how many other things I have to do. If I could, I would sit back and read for several hours every day.

On my days off, usually about 1 - 3 hours. On days I work, usually just about 30 minutes right before bed.

I try reading as much as i can!

But as i carnt do anything after my operation last wk!

I am on to my 2nd book in 4 days! :D

I read about 6 hours a day right now, however that changes constantly. I nanny during the day, so I can read all day long while the children play with each other. When I worked in an office, I read about 1 to 2 hours a day, when I didn't have my night classes.

My thing is, I love to read more than anything else. I have to make time for it or I will be very unhappy. It's like what doctors say about exercise, "find time for it." Well, that's what I do for books. (But surprisingly, not exercise).

It adds up to about three hours a day. Also, my husband and I read out loud to each other for about an hour most evenings.

I usually get about an hour or two on weekdays, as long as my wife and I don't have other things planned. Then I get a good three to four hours on most weekends, again depending on our plans.

Lately though my reading time has shrunk considerably. We have been doing a lot of running around and preparing our second bedroom for the arrival of our first child. It has been tough, because not only do I love to read, it is down time from work. Though missing reading time to spend time or take care of my child is not going to be seen so much as a bad thing. :)

Catch reading time whenever i can, i try to get about 2-3hours a day this includes break times at work. when i'm not working (i work shifts so i have some week days off), anything from 2-6 hours but i would like to read more just to chill out from the stresses of everyday life.

I'm a lot busier now than I was during the summer. Rather than complete a book in a week or two, it takes a month or two.

Life happens.:rolleyes:

I dont have kids so that gives me a lot more free time then others here, i believe i read on average about 4 hours a day. 1 hour for my lunch at work and usually stay up till 1AM or 2AM reading at night, i've been on this kick for some reason.

You guys all do good of fitting in a good amount of time for reading. I need to start just making break times for myself to sit and read. I just hate walking away from my work until it is completely done and reading for awhile. At night I am usually pretty tired and if I try to read I feel my eyes getting very heavy.:(

I go through phases of reading lots and not reading at all. It probably evens itself out at about an hour a day. I'm fairly happy with that level.

sugarz said:
My thing is, I love to read more than anything else. I have to make time for it or I will be very unhappy. It's like what doctors say about exercise, "find time for it." Well, that's what I do for books. (But surprisingly, not exercise).

lol I know exactly what you mean. If I don't get to just sit back and relax I get all grouchy and unhappy. If I'm busy with homework, I sometimes look over at where my book is and wonder what the characters are doing.....I know that sounds crazy....but that's what happens to me when I don't get my daily fill of reading.

If I have a slow night at work I can get about five hours worth in at work. That is, however, with constant interruptions. At home, sometimes I get an hour or two in, but not all the time.

It really depends on what day of the week it is. On weekdays that I work, I only get in about 30 minutes before I go to sleep. On weekdays with no work, I get about 2-3 hours (I have school during the day). On the weekends, I try to get about 4-6 hours of reading in.

Considering the amount of free time I have not very much. In my defence I live with very inconsiderate noisy people. I don't read well in noisy environments unless it's light reading.

For me, it depends on how good the book is. The better the book the more time I will find. Even with a slow, dull book I will get in at least 2 to 3 hours a day.

Back