• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How often do you read?

I try to read everyday. At my job on campus I can read during work, so often times I end up reading 4-5 hours on a day where I work (3 days a week). On non work days, I try to read at least an hour or so. I always keep a book in my backpack so I can stay on campus during the day and have something to do.

:) I read at least an hour a day, always taking a book out with me incase I get held up in traffic etc...

My sister is strange, as soon as she starts to read she falls asleep after about 15 mins, no mater what time of the day it is, it gets her down as she would love to read longer, I have never known anyone else do this :confused: is it unusual?

Thats not unheard of. One of my old roommates would be asleep about 10-15 minutes after he started to read anything...from fiction to studying for class.

My girlfriend used to be the same way. She would start to read and after about 30 minutes she would be asleep. She forced herself to continue to read, and now she can read 3-4 hours straight if she is interested in the book.

Erica said:
:) I read at least an hour a day, always taking a book out with me incase I get held up in traffic etc...

My sister is strange, as soon as she starts to read she falls asleep after about 15 mins, no mater what time of the day it is, it gets her down as she would love to read longer, I have never known anyone else do this :confused: is it unusual?
Wow, that is unusual. I've never heard of anyone doing that while reading.

Erica said:

Have your sister check her posture and the lighting. Trying to read in a lounging postition always makes me drowsy. It is even worse if the lighting is poor or there's a fan droning in the background.

abecedarian said:
Have your sister check her posture and the lighting. Trying to read in a lounging postition always makes me drowsy. It is even worse if the lighting is poor or there's a fan droning in the background.

Yes, tried that...think she would still drop off if standing to read lol
but thanks :)

kd2005 said:
Thats not unheard of. One of my old roommates would be asleep about 10-15 minutes after he started to read anything...from fiction to studying for class.

My girlfriend used to be the same way. She would start to read and after about 30 minutes she would be asleep. She forced herself to continue to read, and now she can read 3-4 hours straight if she is interested in the book.

Strange :confused: I wish I could help her, she is really enjoying what shes reading at the momant to, but she still does it...will tell her to keep going as that seemed to work for your girlfriend....
thanks for reply :)

Well, I'm always in the process of reading SOMETHING.

How often I read in one day depends greatly on how busy I am... and how good it is. :D

I've had a lot of trouble getting reading time in now that I'm off for the summer. I don't have a regular schedule and reading often gets last priority

How much I read depends on how good the plot is. Not how good the whole book is, but the plot. For example, despite being quite busy at the time, I read both The Di Vinci Code and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime in a few days. I don't rate them anywhere near the best books I have ever read, but the plot really kept me interested and ensured I got through them really quickly.

An old thread but a good one.:) Since I've first posted, I've found that my night time reading has decreased while my "down time" during the day reading has increased markedly. Oh the ways of summer.
th_reading.gif

not often enough, I try to get a few hours in a day, always a little bit, if only a chapter or two. When I'm not working I read about 70% of the time I'm home. i have another vacation in August, I can't wait.

As my old pal Shakira used to say 'whenever, wherever' (or is that the other way around?)

I've read on buses, trains, trams, one aeroplane, in bed, the bath, the car, at work, at uni (shhh!!!), out to lunch, whilst eating dinner (I get told off for this), on the loo (I get told off for this too!).

I often read in the bath and have lost a couple of books due to relaxing, falling asleep and dropping them in the water:eek:

I have also been known to be so desperate to read that I have used the light from my mobile phone as a torch on a two hour car trip (not recommended!)

When I Read

I usually pick up a book everyday. I usually read on the bus because it takes an hour for me to get to school everyday, so I read and take some music for the ride to school. :) And I read whenever I have breaks in between my homework for about 15 minutes to an hour, and I read in bed as well. :)

most every day... depends on the book tho, some books have me enthralled, and i read non stop for as long as it takes to finish... others i read for a few hours, and then do something else.. i like to get my household chores done first.... now that it is winter here, i like to read in the afternoons the most, when the sun is warming up my 'library' :)

I read on my way to work every day and before calling it a day. I used to read more than I do now. I just don't have as much time any more.

Leeann

In the morning before the little ones get up...then again at bedtime...if I'm blessed again during quiet time in the afternoon:)

Back