• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How to cleanly dispose of a bug

readsalot

Take a quarter sized piece of paper and fold it in half.

Let bug crawl on and close paper over top. Close hard if you wish to kill the bug, or pinch the sides quickly if you wish to capture.

If it's alive I'll do that and take it outside. If it's already dead I'm a big wimp and call my husband to deal with it.

I once refused to make dinner until my husband got home because of a dead bug on the kitchen counter. Don't ask me why I'm so terrified of bug carcasses... I have no idea.

This is why books are hard and flat. But do use one with a glossy cover. It's easier to wipe off.

Use a half sheet if you like a little extra protection... or a full sheet folded in half. Actually I think I used too many pieces the other day, darn bug hit the top sheet and did fly up on my hand. I think the glue trap got him later, but it was traumatizing.

As for the todder... um, yeah, guess that would work too.

I don't know from personal experience, but yes, I do understand they're little hoovers in the making. Still, there are rumors that eating bugs won't kill you, so I guess it's all good.

In the main forum menu this thread shows up as "how to cleanly dispose of a b...".

I would like to know if I was the only one who thought: how to cleanly dispose of a body?

LOL

As for bugs - spray the buggers to death or, alternatively, let the cats or dog at them.

let the cats or dog at them.

I had a dog that hunted wasps. I was with him the first time he caught one and I've never heard a dog scream like that before or since. He ran around in circles for a bit, whimpering, and five minutes later he was back out in the garden hunting the blighters down. You could see the 'this time it's personal' Clint Eastwood glint of hatred in his eyes.

We used to have a jam jar of sugar water to catch the wasps before they got into the house, but we had to take it down because he was spending the day by the back door eating all the wasps that flew near it. So then he took up sheep worrying instead.

Back