• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How was everyone's weekend?

What forum project? Communist brothers in the seizing of the means of production for our glorious proletariat struggle?

Saturday was a blur..Got up early, after not sleeping well due to being sick..took daughter Becca to Walmart to shop for work clothes, then took her to orientation for the new job. While she was there, daughter Abby and I had our hair cut and did some grocery shopping. After retrieving Becca, we went home and cleaned house. Then I collapsed for awhile. Watched Netlix Saturday Night(Stargate Atlantis). Sunday, I got up early and put chicken in the crockpot for lunch, we went to church( I was the sicko with the sinus infection from Hades so don't ask for my sermon notes), came home, had lunch, Mr. Abc went for a bike ride while we visited with daughter Rachel and the grandbabies. Then after the bike ride, we went to visit the momster-inlaw..came home and watched Netflix while I crocheted. Very exciting weekend.

Came back from Chinese New Year celebrations over the past week, traveled to a couple of places visiting relatives. Coaxed Australian relatives to card games, but eventually lost quite a bit of money to the father in law. Ugh.

Came back from Chinese New Year celebrations over the past week, traveled to a couple of places visiting relatives. Coaxed Australian relatives to card games, but eventually lost quite a bit of money to the father in law. Ugh.

My parents used to get together with my uncle and his in-laws to play Pinochle. As long as no money was involved, they'd do pretty well. The instant they started playing for cash, even if it was just spare change, mom and dad would start losing. Every. Time. Probably just as well both were long gone by the time legalized gambling came to our state..

Had new treadmill installed and we trod and biked together, reading tree plus e.

Bike? Bicycles outdoors, or indoors stationary? I could read or crochet on a stationary...not so much on the mundane outdoorsy model. Mr. Abc is still waiting for the pepper spray he ordered three weeks ago...from a shop in our very own county. Another reason to stick with a stationary...no overzealous country dogs with sharp teeth ;0)

Stationary bike, no pepper spray required. :) The treadmill appears huge but fits into one corner of the room with the stationary bike in the other. Plus a couch in between for us both to collapse into after exercise. And books to read all around, all around. And the green grass grows all around. Double :)

Not a bad weekend. In between never ending loads of laundry and cleaning I managed to plant an orange tree in the back yard, and some herbs and flowers into containers on the patio. I did read Ian Rankin Hide and Seek. Watched some catastrophy movies on tv (Polar Storm, Ice Twisters, that sort of thing.) Played with the dogs. Simple pleasures.

My parents used to get together with my uncle and his in-laws to play Pinochle. As long as no money was involved, they'd do pretty well. The instant they started playing for cash, even if it was just spare change, mom and dad would start losing. Every. Time. Probably just as well both were long gone by the time legalized gambling came to our state..
Hmm, have to say I'm unfamiliar with Pinochle. We're really huge on mahjong (not the tile-removing kind that the word is mostly associated with in the west, but the actual game playing kind most popular in Hongkong), Big 2 and Gin Rummy.

Interesting you said legalized gambling. :) Our sessions are essentially played within the confines of our home, with "friendly" wagers. Still, not exactly legal, but Chinese households typically hold these sessions among family members during the festivities anyway it's more or less customary by now. As long as there's no ruckus and loud advertising of an ongoing gambling session things are generally ok. :)

Back