• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I am Back!

Yeah, reading for class is completely different from reading for enjoyment. I read A farewell to Arms in high school...I seem to remember my teacher speaking very highly of Hemingway's messages, and I enjoyed the writing style as well.

Anyway, I'm new here. This seems like a great place for bookworms like me...

Hey there and welcome to the forum... make sure to start a new thread of yours and introduce yourself :) and tell us what kind of books you enjoy.

God damn it! Every time I say I wanna go back to be regular reading and discuss it here on this forum I get busy with life & work!

I want to ask you guys, how do you manage it! I need help :sad: since I hate wasting my days and not being to enjoy the benefits of reading. Well, I have recently started working after graduation, but work is taking most of my day and in my free time I feel tired. I guess I need to stay away from TV and instead lay back and read... any more suggestions?

Maybe you just need the right book to get you back in to reading,what have you read that you liked?

Hi Samerron,

I am new here so you don’t know me but welcome back to the forum.

God damn it! Every time I say I wanna go back to be regular reading and discuss it here on this forum I get busy with life & work!

I want to ask you guys, how do you manage it! I need help :sad: since I hate wasting my days and not being to enjoy the benefits of reading. Well, I have recently started working after graduation, but work is taking most of my day and in my free time I feel tired. I guess I need to stay away from TV and instead lay back and read... any more suggestions?

I don’t want to scare you but that’s the real life. We all miss our student days :)

I can share with you some of my experience.
As you mentioned staying away from TV is a good strategy. When you come back home form work your energy is drained and you are too tired to read. It is much easier to sit or lie in front of TV and wash out your poor tired brain. That’s why most of us turn into couch potatoes when we start working. Try not to turn your TV on when you get home. You should rather try to relax first for some time and then take a book when you feel refreshed enough.

Also if you commute to work you can try to use that time to read. Of course, it’s not a good idea if you have to drive. In that case you can use audio books. I have just finished listening to “On the road” by Jack Kerouac. It’s a little bit different comparing to “real” reading but it’s enjoyable to.

I don’t know if I am helpful or just boring but anyway welcome back again.

Maybe you just need the right book to get you back in to reading,what have you read that you liked?
There are a lot of books I enjoy reading, currently I am reading a book about leadership by John Maxwell, a novel by Agatha Christie, but sometimes other issues in life might appear more appealing ;)

Hi Samerron,

I am new here so you don’t know me but welcome back to the forum.

I don’t want to scare you but that’s the real life. We all miss our student days :)

I can share with you some of my experience.
As you mentioned staying away from TV is a good strategy. When you come back home form work your energy is drained and you are too tired to read. It is much easier to sit or lie in front of TV and wash out your poor tired brain. That’s why most of us turn into couch potatoes when we start working. Try not to turn your TV on when you get home. You should rather try to relax first for some time and then take a book when you feel refreshed enough.

Also if you commute to work you can try to use that time to read. Of course, it’s not a good idea if you have to drive. In that case you can use audio books. I have just finished listening to “On the road” by Jack Kerouac. It’s a little bit different comparing to “real” reading but it’s enjoyable to.

I don’t know if I am helpful or just boring but anyway welcome back again.
Thank you for your advice...it wasn't boring but quite the contrary! It has been a while since I watched TV, but I'm not spending it on reading. I'm spending lots of time on the PC, plus my work is taking all my time. In some days I work more than 10 hours a day!

There are a lot of books I enjoy reading, currently I am reading a book about leadership by John Maxwell, a novel by Agatha Christie, but sometimes other issues in life might appear more appealing ;)
I understand,I have read 22 pages in the past week.:)

I want to ask you guys, how do you manage it! I need help :sad: since

I think the key thing is to look at what free time you have to read. It might just an hour or two a night. It's a lot less than your usual college days, but you always have "gaps" in the day to enjoy. I bring a book with me to read over the lunch hour and I read in the evenings. Things don't always go as planned. Things like children tend to get in the way. If you think you're busy now........:whistling:

Back