• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I got a sword.

manatherindrell

Yesterday I went to a fleamarket type thing in my town and bought a sword for ten dollars. It's a single edge, two handed, straight blade that's 26 inches long and looks like it's of oriental make. It's really cool.:D

manatherindrell said:
Yesterday I went to a fleamarket type thing in my town and bought a sword for ten dollars. It's a single edge, two handed, straight blade that's 26 inches long and looks like it's of oriental make. It's really cool.:D

Lucky you.
As to oriental make - you can be pretty sure of it.
The thing is how old it is: if it is older then 10 years or so - you may bought yourself a fortune.
If it is younger than that - it's made in China in order to be sold at flea markets.
I got one myself - a friend of mine gave it to me as a birthday present several years ago - I use it to go to the nearby forest to cut dry branches off the pine trees... Mine is slightly longer, though...

manatherindrell said:

That will come in handy should you come across any stray dragons...

A 26-inch sword? :eek: Hey, remember when I said something nice about your writing, manatherindrell? What I meant to say is, it's the BEST STORY EVER! And I'd just like to add that you couldn't possibly expect me to resist this opportunity to remind you that the pen is mightier than the sword.

manatherindrell said:
I don't think it's a geuine oriental blade. I just took a closer look at it and it says Pakistan at the base of the blade.:eek:

Oh... Quite strange, I was sure they are mostly in cotton shirts and bathrobes... I would say that the Pakistani blades should be wider than it is usual for Chinese and Japanese ones, so far as I remember from my history...

BTW, I think that Pakistan could be considered an Oriental country. Not as far Eastern as Japan, but slightly more that than Iraq...

(And to fight spiders one would have advised you to use a hammer, or a frying pan - they seem to be immune to swords, especially of the Orient make).

Sergo said:
(And to fight spiders one would have advised you to use a hammer, or a frying pan - they seem to be immune to swords, especially of the Orient make).

a shoe works for me! The icky part is washing off the remnants. :p

Sergo said:

Better make it a big frying pan for this baby. Forget about your shoe, Miss Shelf.

awww.marcfriedlander.com_images_PHOTOS_spider01Ww.jpg

holy cow Libre:eek: --my wife would hit the ceiling like a cat. Can you ship a few to me?:D ;) :p

I scoop them into a glass and put outside for the birds to eat -- or not. At least they have a fighting chance that way.

Libre's arachnid might be found on a pterodactyl's wish list. :eek:

Bloody hell! I hate spiders. Just looking at that picture gives me the creeps, and if I ever encountered something like that for real, i think I'd probably just drop dead on the spot.

StillILearn said:
I scoop them into a glass and put outside for the birds to eat -- or not. At least they have a fighting chance that way.
:eek:

Spiders should be given no chances at all. IMHO.:rolleyes:

CDA said:
Bloody hell! I hate spiders. Just looking at that picture gives me the creeps, and if I ever encountered something like that for real, i think I'd probably just drop dead on the spot.

I have a relative who couldn't even look at that picture. As SFG75 said: she 'd
hit the ceiling like a cat
. She isn't even happy about entering a room with a visible spider web in it.

I still can't believe my dear darling hubby rented Arachnaphobia thinking it was a comedy becuse it had John Goodman in it..:rolleyes:

If a spider that size was in my house, I'd just move out with the clothes on my back. :eek:

I didn't mind Arachnophobia, I squirmed a little at some scenes though. Made me want to check and make sure I have at least one can of bug spray in the house. :D

Back