• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

i want to speed my reading

I have recently started noting how many pages I read each day and calculate an average. I currently average around 60 pages per day but have reached over 400 on some days and often over 200, but also regularly a disappointing 0!

I think I'd be extremely happy to reach around 75 pages per day but I doubt it will happen, especially as it's now that I have the time to read with it being my summer holiday from university. By the time I go back I expect my (leisure) reading to be non-existant! This time next year, anything over 40 will probably be the sign of a good year of reading.

I probably read at about an average pace, or slightly faster. My brother reads much faster than me. That said, I get through more books than him - the secret? I just spend more time reading.

I think it takes me on average about 8 hours reading time. That doesn't mean I sit down for 8 hours and read though. I usually fit in about 8 hours in 3 or 4 days I think.

I don't try and rush through a book though. If it's a real joy to read I can go over some paragraphs and pages many times just for the enjoyment of it.

A three hundred page book can be read in 2-4 hours for me. Though lately, between work and family, it's taking me 1-3 weeks to actually get the thing done, which is dissapointing to say the least.

I average about 75 to 100 pages an hour. Like moltomezzo, I tend to average about a week when it comes to average size works. I focus on really getting into the story as oposed to setting a landspeed-reading record, though I do find myself at times complaining that a given book is taking too long(i.e.-it took 8 days rather than 7 to complete) :) It also depends on the author as well. Most fiction works are easier to go through.

fast or slow reader

i can speed read but i tend to miss all the things that make me love reading like alliteration and allusions and foreshadowing and things of the sort...

so i tend to read very slow.. it will take me about 2 weeks to finish a six to seven hundred page book which some people think is VERY fast and some people think is extremely slow...

I would consider that pretty fast, haha.

I usually can never read more than 100 pages a day and it's typically only about 50.

yeah if i get enough time .. like if my kids take a nap at the same time lol... i get more done... sometimes i wish i was faster tho cuz i love getting to the ends of books that are good especially if its in a series ^_^

I am generally a very fast reader, but I try to pace myself, because I miss things when I read too fast.

I find that I often don't grasp all the meaning when I read a book only once, but the second time through everything will fall into place. It is strange, because usually the second time through, my reading pace is even more accelerated. Hmmmm....

Speed Reading... Does it work?!?

Hi.
there are a lot of websites and books about sped reading.

anybody ever tried this kind of techniques?
Do you think it's really work?!

Amit.
:)

I wish someone who knows would reply to this. I am interested to know. The best I can do is to skim and some people think that's cheating.

Back