• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'd rather read Dan Brown than......

I'd rather read Dan Brown than . . . . Maeve Binchy and listen to rave *shudders*

Note: I don't actually hate Dan Brown but I can't say I like him either, I'm sitting on the fence.

Hah, but now he's done a runner. Come out, come out wherever you are....

There be no escaping our eagle eye. Come and play in Nabokovia - but get your boxing gloves on:D

Breaca said:
Hah, but now he's done a runner. Come out, come out wherever you are....

There be no escaping our eagle eye. Come and play in Nabokovia - but get your boxing gloves on:D

Uhhhh......Peder made me do it.

Breaca said:
Oh Peder.... I wonder if SFGs dared to venture into Nabokovia;) And now he's laying blame squarely at Peder's feet - tut, tut.
Anyone want to take odds on SFG's going or not going into the Lolita thread and making the same claim? :D

:p

bluecaffeine said:
Heh, guess I've missed out on something by never having read Dan Brown :D

Now you have to read DB's book so you can share in this thread. It will probably take you under an hour to read.

SFG75 said:
....F. Scott Fitzgerald, Marcel Proust, Saul Bellow, and anything written by William Kristol.

How 'bout you?:cool:

Oh, come on. F. Scott's not that bad. :D

I'd rather read Dan Brown than...I'll get back to you on this one.

I forgot to check the dates of these posts and thought everyone was back!

:(

Anyway...I'd rather read Dan Brown than have all my teeth pulled without anaesthetic. If we're strictly talking about other writers, I'd go with Andrew Bolt. He makes me mad, not only for his views, but for the screamingly obvious pandering to the right he includes in his columns.

Then get lit on fire and pushed down an elevator shaft.....

no but really the only author I can think of that is worst at the moment is John Saul. (The story Deflator)

I will admit I read The Da vinci Code And even finished it after a combination of pressure from Dan fan friends and nothing else to read.
what I would say about it is It would have been a awsome book if someone with a little more imagination and alot more writing skill had written it. That just makes it all the more depressing in a world where original story ideas are sparse to have one used up in like that.....

Back