• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would it be?

That really is a tough question. I’ve always been interested in Egypt, but the chicks in France are smoking hot. Australia is way up there, too.

Yea, I’d go to Australia, I believe. They have neat animals and creepy-crawlies there, the chicks are good looking, and the scenery is beyond belief.

I’m a tarantula lover. I used to have nine of them. They have them down there. :D

To be honest, I’d actually rather travel around the US than out of it, for now. There’s so much I still haven’t seen here, like much of the East Coast. I’d like to go to Maine/Conn really badly – your neck of the woods. Drive by Steve King’s house, enjoy the lighthouses and the breezy, cool air. I have no interest in Florida, but would like to see Wisconsin.

Great minds... lol!

LOL But not for the same reasons ha ha ha

I went to Wisconsin before. It is a nice state. I have traveled a lot of the east coast and plan on hitting up more of the west coast one day. I did go to Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Those are some beautiful states!

Yes! I spent a few weeks in Alaska one summer. I was what – fifteen? It was really, really weird that the sun never set. I never did get used to it. we’d be out there on the quads and go back to my uncle’s house for a snack. I’d ask when dinner was and they’d reply, “Dinner? Man, it’s three in the morning! Everyone’s gone to sleep six hours ago.”

That was uber weird.

I grew up in CO and Iowa, both awesome states. I visited Kentucky once. I drove (alone, ack!) from Iowa to CA in ’94, and saw some beautiful stuff. I stayed in Utah last winter, and I go to Nevada often (chess tournaments). I have never set foot in Oregon but somehow, deep down, I know it’s the place for me. I’ve done hundreds of hours of research on it, and the place only seems to get better. I like places with rich history. They are so neat.

I also spent a month in Washington. Seattle area. Holy rain. :p

Colombia because that's where my mom is from. Hopefully I'll go next year.

Nepal because, HELLO! Nepal!

That would be difficult to get used to the light in Alaska. I seriously considered moving there at one point, but decided it would be too far from my family.

I once drove my '68 Plymouth to Vegas with the Hot Rod Power Tour. We got there, turned around and came back. That was about as productive as standing in the shower with the water off, but it was a good time.

Yea, and it was back when gas was like .99 a gallon, too, so it didn't bust the wallet open. Today, that same trip would cost at least seventy bucks in that car. That day, I probably spent $35 in gas. Ah, good times. :D

Anyone else here into older cars/trucks?

Back